How Far Along: 36 Weeks or starting the 9 month!!
Size of Baby: Landon should be close to 18.75 inches in length and roughly 5.75 lbs, the baby app says this is the size of a crenshaw melon. Once again...where do they get these fruits/veggies? The midwife didn't measure my belly this week because his head had dropped so low that the belly measuring pretty much is pointless since she would be missing his entire head, thus making my belly smaller than it should measure. She said just by looking at it though when I am sitting up he is growing great.
Maternity Clothes: I have one outfit that I wear lol...leggings, long sweater, tank top, boots...I just rotate the color tank top and which sweater I have. The rest of the time I wander around in Logan's clothes =). The other night I got upset because he "stole" MY sweatpants, which mind you were really his ha ha...so you could see how he would get confused!
Weight Gain: I didn't look this week...Logan looks weekly and always asks if I want to know and I routinely tell him NO.
Belly: 36 week picture:
Stretch Marks: Still using the lotion/bio oil....my skin is starting to look shinny, I imagine that is bad!
Sleep: Still poorly. If I sleep longer than 2 hours I am shocked. I have also started snoring ha ha..I blame all the space Landon takes up and pushes up on my lungs. I usually wake myself up and Logan claims he never hears me...most likely because he is used to sleeping through is own =).
Best Moment of the Week: Logan and I were changing the light bulbs in our bathroom since 4 of them were burned out. When Landon moves since he is so low my legs often getting shooting pains down them...well while he was changing a light bulb I bent over in pain and grabbed my belly and said ooooooowwww...and he flipped out ha ha. He said I wasn't ever allowed to do that again until it was a real contraction. I feel a look of fear crossed his face and I could tell he was wondering what to grab first for bags, keys, me, etc...lol. Never a dull moment!
Movement: Still moves around or squirms more so. His head is very engaged (zero station-for those that know anything about babies lol)...so he cant move a whole lot anymore. I still feel kicks in the upper right stomach and then mostly just dragging and squirming movements everywhere else.
Symptoms: Back, hip, pelvis, and leg pain....see how everything is just moving down lol...I think that means he is going to escape soon. Also snoring can be added to this fun list!
Food Cravings: Back to french fries! I had McDonald's for lunch and it was great! I am making the most of my food cravings because soon I will have to be more mindful of what I am eating since I will be breast feeding (hopefully) and trying to slim back down!
Gender: Boy-Landon!
What I Miss: Not feeling uncomfortable every second of the day...
What I'm Looking Forward to: Hitting 37 weeks next Thursday! I will be considered full term and I really hope he stays put until then!!
Nursery: Well we had a fun week of deliveries the past few days! Earlier last week we got a package from Kendra and Adam (military friends who moved in December) and they sent us this cute little baseball with Landon's name!
I am still waiting for the letters for above his crib. I am slightly annoyed that we haven't received those yet since I ordered them the first week of December. I am giving it one more week until I am contacting them for the third time to see where they are at. At this rate Landon will be here before the letters. Logan still needs to hang the monitor; that is on his to do list this weekend as well. SLOWLY making progress on the small things we have left.
Weekly Wisdom: I feel better when I get up and wander around a bit. Getting my hair cut and colored today made me actually feel human and that was nice =).
Milestones: 36 weeks! One again...every day at this point is a milestone, but I am really hoping we can get to 37 weeks which is considered a full term pregnancy! Then he is free to come out...we worked so hard to keep him in this long, that I think everyone is anxious for him to make his appearance.
Emotions: This past week was the week of the freak outs. Poor Logan....every night at bed time I spend 30 minutes of so freaking out about one thing or another. It first started with the pack n play and the newborn napper. I read it wasn't approved for over night sleeping, so cue the first freak out of the week. This resulted in hours of reading and we are STILL undecided. I did however order a Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper, which IS approved for over night sleeping and we may use both...we will see what happens. Then fast forward a few days when I start reading about the car seat and base installation. Logan a few weeks ago went to get ours inspected and they told us it was safe. Well upon further reading I found that may not be so true with the LATCH system and how it is used in both of our cars. I wanted Logan to go out and measure at 10:30 at night, but he thought I was crazy and absolutely refused lol....apparently he doesn't understand pregnancy hormone freakouts! We will ALSO be looking into this this weekend to be sure we did it correctly or if we have to change the base in the cars.
Other updates: So we have made the decision to try cloth diapering LB! This week after much research and reading other Mommy blogs, we ordered 3 cloth diapers just to try. They are a one size fits all (8-35 lbs) and they don't have fillers that you have to change. I imagine they will make his little butt look fuller until he grows into them, but I think this will be the best bet for Logan and I, plus maybe a bit more doable when he goes to daycare if we find a cloth diaper friendly one in the area! Once we determine if we are up for this adventure we will invest in more diapers, because clearly...3 diapers won't even get us through a morning ha ha. They come in fun colors so I got 3 different colors, also gender neutral for a possible Brokaw baby #2 down the road...in many many years!
In other fun news I ordered LB his first Valentine's day outfit. Yes, I do realize that his real due date isn't until February 23rd, but in reality he will most likely be here BEFORE Valentine's day, so he of course had to have one. So here it is....
Yes, I do realize now that I have bought this that he will probably come AFTER Valentine's day...but I don't care he will still wear it either way =)!
Ok enough for today....until next week!



I can totally picture Logan's face when he thought you were contracting. Ha!
ReplyDeleteSo cute - both the outfit and the diapers!! Hope the diapers work out for you all! It certainly would save the earth!! Can't believe you made it to the ninth month!!! Yeah! Glad you are finally getting out and about! Take good care and stop worrying so much!! Love you! Rere
ReplyDeletePS this will appear to come from yoru mom but I still am signing in as her!! LOL
The picture - so help me it looks like he's facing you, your boobs are the back of his head, your belly shows the curve of his back, the horizontal line are his legs wrapped around you,etc. It looks like he is giving you an all-time snuggle! Yes,this vision is completely upsidedown...
ReplyDelete