Wednesday, January 11, 2012

34 Weeks!

How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of Baby: He is about 18 inches long and weighs roughly 4.75 lbs (the weight of an average cantaloupe)! He is getting fatter by the week-which is our goal! His length growth has slowed down alot, if we make it to full term he will likely only grow another 2-3 inches.  However, he should be packing on a 1/2 lb a  week, turning into a little fat man I hope.

Maternity Clothes: I have entered the stage of where I no longer wear real people clothes.  I even wore yoga pants to the doctors today lol...I have no shame anymore.  I am looking forward to the time I can fit back into my other clothes!

Weight Gain: I am guessing ALOT...that is enough on that subject. 

Belly: 34 week picture:


He went through a MAJOR growth spurt in the last week or so!

Stretch Marks: None yet-still using the bio oil and lotion! I try to drink TONS of water so maybe that is also helping.

Sleep: Like crap! The peeing, squishing of his head feeling between my legs, and constant hip pain- sleep is a thing of the past!

Best Moment of the Week: I think FINALLY realizing that we are all set for him to come....at least stuff wise! Emotionally not quite ready yet!

Movement: I still get the kicks on the upper right and a few to the ribs, but mostly just big giant rolling/squirming feelings.  Plus LOTS of hiccups. 

Symptoms: Pain lots of pain...hip pain, tailbone pain, back pain...see the trend.  This all leads to him being dropped and in position to go when he so feels the need.  

Food Cravings: Sweet stuff this week-I blame Logan for bringing home ice cream.  He is not helping with the weight gain!

Gender: Boy-Landon!

What I Miss: Just being able to feel like I can have a life and be social...being on bed rest and now on baby watch is stressful! Makes me not want to be very social.  I have a giant fear of my water breaking in public or going into labor with out Logan.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Having the baby...the stress is taking over and I am sure it's not good for either of us!

Nursery: The swing came this week! Thanks to Lyndsy -she had it shipped from CO! Everything else is pretty much set to go within the nursery! We have alot of other areas that need to be cleaned/washed with clothes but the nursery is pretty much ready. My Mom still has to finish her cross stitch for his room, but we need his birthday and all his stats.  I am also still waiting on his baseball letters that spell Landon, for above his crib! They should be coming soon I think!

Weekly Wisdom: Remember the end is coming and I will have a healthy baby boy! This is what I keep telling myself when I am in pain half the night.

Milestones: At this point every extra day he stays in is a milestone.  The midwife says it could be any time, so everyday at this point counts!

Emotions:  We are not sure how to feel with the news that he could be coming any day.  We are excited, nervous, and terrified! I think those are all to be expected with the arrival of any baby, but add in a possibly 6 week early baby and it gets a bit more complicated!

2 comments:

  1. So that's who snagged the swing! I went to get it the other day and it was gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes-it was actually the one she used with Scarlett so it worked out well since it was just taking up space in their house!

    ReplyDelete