Wednesday, January 18, 2012

35 Weeks/35 days to go!

How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of Baby: Little man should be close to 18 inches in length and weighing in close to 5.25 lbs, roughly the size of a honeydew melon!  However, I did ask the midwife today what she would guess his weight is at and she said roughly 6 lbs! We have a little fatty on our hands....no wonder I look like I am carrying a bowling ball in my stomach.  I still have a hard time believing he is that big...guess only time will tell! The midwife did mention I look like I could burst open at any second while laying on the table....I am going to try to take that as a compliment. 

Maternity Clothes: My new leggings got here....soooooo much more comfortable! So I actually wore those, a tank top, a sweater, and boots for my outings this week! Yay for still looking decently cute, but comfy.  No more jeans on this end.  On the bad side, even Logan's big sleep shirts are becoming tight...

Weight Gain: So I saw the scale today....up about 30 lbs.  If I make it out under 150 I'll be pleased lol. 

Belly: 35 week picture:

6 lbs of baby belly in the front there....See how LOW he sits?
Stretch Marks: None yet....keep your fingers crossed people!

Sleep: Very hit or miss.  I can fall asleep pretty well, then am usually awake every 2 hours or so to get up and go to the bathroom.  When Logan gets up for work at 6, I usually am awake between 6-7 and then sleep until around 8:30-9. Just kind of depends....its all very sporadic these days.  One day, I slept for 7 hours straight and it was heaven!

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing Logan take the car seat and base to get inspected. His face carrying the car seat out of the room was pretty much ridiculous....a slight bit of shock mixed in with excitement!   

Movement:  He more squirms around, instead of big movements anymore.  His hands or head (not sure which) hit a nerve in my back which sends a shooting pain down my back, butt, and legs.  I keep trying to tell him that's not nice....must take after Logan =).   Instead of kicks, I get random body parts pushing out...I can't tell if it's his feet or knees.

Symptoms: Back/pelvis pain.  Things are starting to swell a bit, I don't wear my rings as much anymore for the fear of not being able to get them off.  Also, I have been roasting.  I rarely sleep with the blankets on and always have the temp set to 65 in the car! Currently I'm laying around in a tank top and pants and its 68 in the house....before I would have been freezing and under several blankets!

Food Cravings: Cookies...specifically Oreos. 

Gender: Boy-Landon!

What I Miss: Being able to walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath....or walk anywhere really!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Having an outside baby....

Nursery: We moved some things around lately.  We moved the swing to the corner of the living room and put Rusty's bed back.  I think it looks better and less cluttered this way.  We got a fun jumpy contraption (not sure of the real name) from Annie and Mallory! I have to wait to set this up because we are just completely out of room!  We still need to put up the video monitor in his room; I hope to do that this weekend! 

Weekly Wisdom: For as uncomfortable as I am becoming, I just keep thinking that everyday he stays in is 2 less he will be in the NICU!

Milestones: 35 weeks and 35 days left! I am not sure anyone, including Logan and I, thought we would ever get to this point.

Emotions: Feeling more ready...starting to freak out about the birth and pain! Still worried about him spending time in the NICU.  At our appointment today she said even if he is born in the next week or two, he will likely still spend 1 week in the NICU.  Just hoping to keep him in until 37 weeks.  Things are slowly progressing....sitting at almost 2 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced. So still a ticking time bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment