Wednesday, February 1, 2012

37 weeks=FULL TERM!!

How Far Along: 37 Weeks

Size of Baby: At this point Landon should be close to 19.25 inches in length and 6.3 lbs, roughly the size of swiss chard.  Once again...I need to Google this veggie to see what it actually looks like. 

Maternity Clothes: Same old same old....Currently lounging in Logan's pj pants and a maternity tank top!

Weight Gain: Didn't look again this week =).

Belly: 37 week picture:





Stretch Marks: None yet and I check daily after my shower =).

Sleep: Getting worse...I rarely sleep from 4 am-7am and then I fall back asleep after a morning snack until around 10.  I feel this is natures way for getting me ready for Landon.
 
Best Moment of the Week: Making it to February! I can officially say that I am due this month! Who would have thought we would have made it this far. Also, on facebook I follow a local photographer who was giving away a $75 gift card for a newborn photo shoot!  Well I emailed her and told her we were expecting and a little bit about our story and we won! We got the card today in the mail and she told us to call to set up an actual date about 5 days after his birth so we can get it done!  I am super excited, even though it will be a bit of an investment, to be able to celebrate his birth and welcome him to the world after such a trying pregnancy! 

Movement:  Landon has been having a party in there lately...constantly.  He keeps me up at night, which is part of the reason I think I am sleeping poorly, in addition to the constant bathroom trips and pain.  I was joking with Logan he is throwing his own going away party and getting ready to move on out. 

Symptoms: Back, hip, leg pain, snoring, and now add in high blood pressure.  I am being watched for pre-eclampsia which could mean Landon will be forced to come before he really is ready...which is frustrating considering we worked so hard to keep him in from preterm labor just to have a possible pre-e issue evict him before we are all ready! Frustrating...

Food Cravings: Nothing this week really...I have been feeling pretty full so I am not too hungry lately.

Gender: Boy-Landon!

What I Miss: Not running into stuff with my huge belly and all my pre-pregnancy clothes.  I can't wait to get back into working out and losing weight.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Having a healthy baby boy...whenever he decides that is.

Nursery: It is mostly done! Just waiting for those stupid letters!

Weekly Wisdom: One day at a time...as the L&D nurse said today each minute, hour, or day he stays in the better until he is ready to enter the world.

Milestones: We officially made a full term pregnancy! Although 37 weeks is full term, most babies come around 40 weeks and for first time mom's the average is closer to 41 weeks. A new study have shown that baby's brains go through another huge surge in development between 35-40 weeks, so clearly it's important to try to keep Landon in so his little brain can develop as much as possible before birth.  Although, I can't imagine him staying in another 4 weeks...I don't think that will be an option ha ha.  I told Logan recently I hit my pregnancy limit and am ready for him to come as long as he is healthy. The midwife and the doctors/nurses at L&D today kept saying  it will be soon...well we have been hearing that for several weeks and yet here we are! Surprise to everyone, including myself. 

Emotions: Just worried about the birth and Landon and a bit anxious about getting to the hospital on the hour drive and the pain....we watched a birthing class dvd we bought online since we didn't get to go in person to the one we had scheduled and talked to Mallory about what to expect during labor and after birth.  She had lots of good suggestions for both Logan and myself; it is nice having someone in the family who is in this line of work =).  I think Logan is ready and I am on my way to mostly being ready.  I am starting to venture out more starting this next week and am actually going to start walking the neighborhood.  I think getting a bit of exercise will be good for me and Landon to get him moving down even lower!  





Until next week...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Keep up the good work. I'm SOOOO excited to see those photos you mention. I'm just so excited in general. And so glad that Mallory can help you guys out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning the photography gift card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he goes any lower he'll be in your knees.

    ReplyDelete