Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In: 2 Weeks Postpartum

Well, here we are again...another Thursday, which means another weigh-in and reverse belly picture!

Starting Weight: 38w pregnant: 153# /1 wk pp: 137#
Last Week's Weight: 137# 
Current Weight: 132.5#

Starting BMI: 28.0
Last Week's BMI: 25.1
Current BMI: 24.2 (yay within normal range for my height)


1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal: 

I'm 5'2" and have a goal weight of 115# (BMI of 21.0), so I have 17.5# to go.

I am happy to see that I have already dropped 21.5 lbs and the belly is already shrinking. 

2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:

Progress on last week's activities:
-Eat three full healthy meals each day, that will get me in my range for calories for my BMI and breastfeeding (7/7).
-Less sweets-Failed on this one =)
-Walk the neighborhood 3 times, at least a mile each. (1/3)





I did pretty well with eating healthy meals, especially because my Mom is here.  I failed on eating less sweets since we have several types of cookies, candies, and my Mom keeps buying cupcakes ha ha =).  Perhaps I will do better next week once it is Logan and I and we run out of the sweets! I also tried walking one day, but I am still in enough pain that I think I need to wait another week or so.  I am looking forward to it warming up a bit and being less windy so I can take Landon out in the stroller or my Beco Gemini Carrier so we can go for a walk!

Activities & goals for this coming week:]
-Less sweets
-Try walking just one day around the neighborhood with Landon
-Drink Water
-Eat healthy meals (this should be harder with just Logan and I on our own with the wee man)
 
3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
2 weeks postpartum-see that line...apparently that takes 8 WEEKS TO GO AWAY....lovely!

2 Weeks Postpartum Side view
Annie, last week, sent me a link informing me about Diastasis Recti, basically the separation of your abdominal muscles due to pregnancy! I also need to test to see if this happened to me and start looking at exercises to help fix it.  So another side goal to look into once I am cleared for working out!




No comments:

Post a Comment