Thursday, February 16, 2012

1 week old!


So I figure I will do a reverse for his age at least for a few weeks, then perhaps go monthly!  Landon has had a busy first week!  We got home last Saturday, the 11th after just about 3 days in the hospital.  It was nice to be going  home, but a bit overwhelming all at once! We realized we wouldn't be able to call a nursery nurse to come get him when we need sleep, but that is also what Grandma is for =).

Going home!
  
Just born!
 I bought these little stickers for his onesie that I will take every month.  This is his just born sticker, he was just about 3 days old when we took this!  I was happy to see they showed up since I ordered them the night before I went into labor. 
1st sponge bath at home
 Landon had his first sponge bath this week.  He actually reacted very well to the warm water.  I will need to work on doing this alone since my Mom and Logan were around to help with getting a water refill when it got a bit chilly! I am not sure how I will handle that.  Once his little belly button thing falls off we will probably switch to keep him in the tub and that will be easier to get water refilled and not have to worry about the little tub slipping off over the sink.  Hopefully that nasty little thing will fall off soon! Overall, he really seems to enjoy bath time....which is fun, even when he tries to pee on us =). 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 Landon had his first holiday, Valentine's day!  This kid HAS to have his hands by his face, so it is rather difficult to get his picture taken without his hand blocking his cute face and cute outfit! We will have to work on this.  Glad I bought this outfit for him, I knew he would show up before Valentine's day =). 
First visit to the pediatrician, Ms. Emily.
 On Valentine's day, we also ventured out to his first pediatricians visit.  We went to a nurse practitioner, who came highly recommended by a friend, who we absolutely loved.  She was great with him and us.  We found out some general information about the practice and really just enjoyed what we had experienced so far.  Landon looks great, he is almost back to birth weight at only 5 days old when he went.  They were very pleased with that.  He already measured 1/2 inch larger, which is shocking how fast they grow.  His Bells Palsy is almost gone and his stitches are healing great. Most of the stitches have appeared to have dissolved and his little cuts are almost healed.  We still need to return to the audiologist at Vanderbilt since he didn't pass his hearing test on his right side, they think it was from the trauma of the forceps as well.  So let's hope when we do go, that he will pass!

Mommy, Landon, and Sadie bonding time  

Of all of the animals, SADIE (yes, my demon cat), is doing the best with Landon! She has carried on like nothing in the house has changed!  I am SHOCKED, to say the least.  She gets up and watches me nurse him and lays on the couch with us.  I try to keep her away from his face...we don't need him getting all stuffy from her fluffy tail in his face.  Lola is her usual skittish self.  She hasn't adjusted as well as Sadie.  She keeps her distance from Landon and has since stopped sleeping in all of his things, thank goodness! She will poke her head up to his swing to see what is going on up there, but other than that she keeps her distance.  She isn't aggressive, just indifferent with him.  Rustypants seems a bit more depressed than we expected.  He sniffed and seemed excited when we first brought Landon home, but has since pretty much just ignored him unless he is screaming about something in which Rusty is right on our heals checking on him.  Logan hasn't been paying as much attention to him as before, so I think that is part of the problem.  They have a Daddy/Rusty date to the dog park this weekend.  
Landon 1 week old, in a milk coma =)
As you can see he has changed tons in just a week!  He is a sweetheart and only is really fussy around dinner time.  I have been slowly watching what I eat and see if its affects how he feels.  I know if I eat something that upsets my stomach, it probably hurts his!  We have had a busy but good first week! 

Also starting to show up on the blog will be my weekly reverse belly shots! I am going to track my weight loss/belly progression! Here is to hoping it goes back to normal! 

Until next week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment