This week has been about becoming more routine for Landon. We are trying to get him used to eating more frequently since before we were having to wake him up every 3-4 hours, depending on day or night to eat since he would just snooze. Now he seems to wake up pretty much like an alarm clock ready to eat just about every 3 hours depending on how much he ate the time before. It's both nice that he wake up and a curse because its harder to wake up from a dead sleep to a fussy baby than a sleeping alarm clock! We are still working with keeping him awake. He will eat about 8-10 minutes before he starts getting sleepy while eating. We are still having to strip him down to just his onesie or diaper to eat; otherwise he just gets close to me and falls dead asleep. If he isn't sleeping, he is grunting to try to poop...it's rather amusing, although once again at 3 am, it just adds to the length of time we are all up! =).
He gets a bath just about every two days. We are still waiting for his little belly button to fall off! It looks soooo gross and like it could go any day, but yet we are still waiting lol. We are going back to the pediatrician (just a weight check) on Monday, so I will have her look at it then! I can't wait to be able to give him a real tub bath and not have to contend with balancing his tub on the sink.
Landon spends the majority of the day either in our arms or his swing. He generally goes through a fussy period around 6-7 pm, which of course is when we eat dinner. Last night, I nursed him BEFORE 6 pm and dinner was much quieter without a fussy little one to contend with. So I think that might try to be our new normal so once all our visitors are gone, Logan and I can get some time to talk! This week he also started napping in his crib for about 30 minutes at a time, which gives me time to get some stuff done. I put the camera in so I can see him and then the monitor hangs out in the living room so I can see him and hear him if he starts to cry and wants to be moved.
![]() |
| First nap in his crib! |
| I think he looks like an elf =) |
Also this week, we broke out the play mat for Landon once we noticed he was starting to focus on sounds and bright colors, patterns, and faces. Every morning around 11 am, he is pretty awake, so we do play time or bath time depending on the day. He seems to love to stretch out, since we keep him swaddled a good portion of the day when he sleeps. He kicks his legs and makes some noises and just overall enjoys himself!
He also had another outing with us this week. I had to go back to the dr. to get looked at since I felt I wasn't healing up properly...all looked good though, so that was a relief! It is always fun to have the midwife see Landon since she worked with us almost weekly for 3 months to make sure he stayed put until he was ready to come safely into the world. We also ventured out to a store for Logan, Landon and I stayed in the car ha ha. Logan also ran into Panera Bread to get us lunch, while I stayed in the car to nurse Landon, our first real breastfeeding experience in public. Let me tell ya, that was tough...between trying to hold him in the backseat and use a cover...we will need to work on that. Logan also had to change Landon in the front seat of his car, because as I talked about above, Landon poops almost like clockwork when we feed him! Logan of course, got pooped on...he holds his thumb up and goes "ewwww, I have poop on my thumb"...it was pretty funny. Luckily, we had wipes and hand sanitizer to rectify that situation quickly! So needless to say, it was a busy day, but a successful one. Now, the next step is for me to stop riding in the backseat with him to make sure he is ok ha ha =).
My parents leave Friday, so this next week we will be alone until Donna gets in to be our next visitor! Let's hope we survive....you will know how it goes based on if I can post a blog next Thursday =).


You two are already fantastic parents - you will do great! I had such a wonderful time and it was beautiful watching your own daughter become a mother. You have a beautiful wee family! Love Mom/Gigi
ReplyDelete