Thursday, July 17, 2014

30 Weeks with Baby 2!

How Far Along? 30 weeks-out of the 20s! Woo hoo. My Mom informed me that she liked when I used to give the size of the baby and compare it to a veggie/fruitt. So at 30 weeks, little miss Hailey is roughly 3 lbs, 17 inches long, and the size of a butternut squash. Another app I have says she is the length of a cucumber-that seems to be a very large cucumber.

Weight Gain? Up about 15 pounds according to my appointment Monday-so basically, it says I can gain about a pound a week at this point-so a total of 25...WAY better than the 45 with the little monkey that I gained.

Stretch Marks? None yet!

Sleep? Not to jinx it, but I've been sleeping pretty well the last few nights. I have gotten a few 5 hour stretches of sleep which have been pretty amazing.

Best Moment of the Week?  Having a decent appointment on Monday-basically sitting in the same position as I was with Landon's pregnancy. Finger tip dilated and shorter cervix. Hoping we can get to at least 37 weeks.

Movement? She is a mover-my belly shakes all day long and I often see limbs sliding around my belly. I think it is kind of creepy when other people can see it happening.

What I miss? Not having to stress about going into labor every single day or timing contractions.

Symptoms: Contractions, hip pain, gestational diabetes, shortness of breath

What I'm looking forward to? Getting her room set up in the next week! Also, our next goal of 32 weeks.

Updates: I had an appointment Monday morning. The MFM thinks I am about a finger tip dilated and 50% effaced-same place I was with Landon at this point. They still say no bed rest, so I usually do one non-strenuous activity in the morning and spend the rest of the day on the couch at this point.  It is still nice to get out, but a tad stressful at the same time. I am not sure how we are going to survive the entire month of August alone ha ha. The good news is, if she is born anything soon, her chances of survival are about 95% with minimal lasting long term health problems...so that was good to hear. He said basically at this point we would take however many weeks I am minus 36 and that is how long she would probably be in the NICU.  I surprisingly don't have any appointments until August 11th, but he said if I feel I need to be checked to go in and make an appointment. So another, wait and see game at this point.


Belly shot: 30 weeks


Other happenings from the week:




Until next week!



2 comments:

  1. I think this is just the way you "do" pregnancy - your normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you look healthy and pregnant. I was hoping to see the 3 person baby belly picture. :) You, Landon, Mom.... :) Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete