Weight Gain? Up about 14 pounds I think
Stretch Marks? None yet!
Sleep? Pretty poor lately since my hips hurt so badly at night. I have to turn constantly. I wish the snoogle pillows weren't so expensive so I could have a reason to buy another-not sure how I survived last pregnancy without one.
Best Moment of the Week? Um, still being pregnant? Will get to that later.
Movement? Well, she is certainly head down, but now she is back to where I normally feel her. Feet up by my right rib, sliding/rolling movements through the middle, and hands down by my left hip-exactly the same place as Landon was which I find amusing. Reading my blog back from 29 weeks with Landon, it is amusing just how similar these pregnancies are at this point.
What I miss? Sleeping all night long and not having to wake up to use the restroom all the time and sleeping in past 630.
Symptoms: Contractions, hip pain, gestational diabetes
What I'm looking forward to? Getting her room set up with my Mom. Mom has been busy getting ready to paint her furniture! We are trying to paint all the furniture from Landon's nursery, white-I am excited to see how it turns out. We are also painting a little table in her room yellow, that is my job since it involves sitting =).
Updates: Well, my not being high risk for preterm labor lasted all of about 10 days until after a routine check up for my blood sugar levels with the high risk Dr. turned into an all day visit to labor and delivery on Thursday. They always ask about my contractions and want to check to make sure everything is still ok-well, Thursday marked the beginning of my cervix starting to dilate (to 1 cm) and shortening due to all the contractions. After spending about 6 hours hooked up to contraction monitors, a few tests, and looks inside they said I could go home. I am 1 cm dilated, but after 6 hours worth of pretty constant contractions, I had no more change. I also had a negative FFN test, which is the same preterm labor test that they used to do every 2 weeks with Landon to determine if I would go into preterm labor. So in theory, I have a 99% chance that I won't go into labor within the next 2 weeks, so that should get us to 31 weeks. I am going to ask for them to repeat every few weeks for piece of mind. So we are pretty much back in the same exact situation as we were 3 years ago with Landon's pregnancy...not what I had intended for this pregnancy at all. I think all of us were totally shocked which makes this worse since things had been going so well.
Belly shot: 29 weeks-you can tell she has totally dropped a bit, as was confirmed by the Drs. this week.
Other random pictures:
![]() |
| Not how we planned to spend our Thursday-in labor and delivery hooked up to an IV |
![]() | |||
| We FINALLY decided on her name-Hailey Marie Brokaw =) |




Hangin there Nicki!!! Glad your Mom will be there for two weeks! That will take you to 31 wks too! ENjoy!
ReplyDelete