We are successfully down to one nap most days. He has adjusted to going down around 12:30. We are now working on taking LONG naps so that way he gets enough sleep to make sure he isn't a total mess by bed time. His bed time has become slightly earlier due to one nap, but so far we seem to be doing well with the transition.
We have had a busy week with Drs appointments, music class, play dates, walks, and breakfast trips! Tomorrow may be the first day we don't have anything scheduled to do! Landon has a blocked tear duct still and that is apparently the cause of his eye issue. We have been battling this for about a month and it is finally starting to look better. We have been using eye ointment 3 times per day to calm the irritation and hopefully let it unclog. His eye still waters a bit, but it is so much better in terms of gross eye goo and crustiness when he wakes up. I am hoping that with a few more days of the ointment it will be cleared again. If it continues to be a problem, Landon will have surgery to open the duct when he is close to two!
I am considering weaning Landon off the pacifier during the day except for naps and bed time. This means no pacifiers in the car or for emergencies in public. This also means, that I need to learn to deal with tantrums and meltdowns without resorting to sticking his pacifier in his mouth! I figure once we wean off those we will work on naps closer to 18 months and then work on night time before two. I figure I would like him off of a pacifier before baby number 2 comes along.
I think we are also quickly approaching weaning from nursing as well. Landon doesn't seem extremely interested in it anymore except for the first thing in the morning which then he will occasionally stop and ask for a banana instead. I am guessing this is a sign he is almost ready to be done. I am thankful that we had a great 15 months of nursing and we were so successful at it! We have just recently dropped all the middle of the day feedings and the next to go will be the one before bed. It will be liberating to feel that I don't need to do bed time routine any longer and have to nurse him, but I will miss the snuggles. I suspect that weaning will be harder on me than on him!
We went to Busch Gardens as a family last Friday for the first time and had a good time! Landon got to run around and visit with Elmo at Sesame Street Place. When it gets a bit warmer, we will go back to play in the splash pad! Logan also got to ride one of the roller coasters. We are going to get Logan a year pass as well so we can have dates and go with friends when he is home! It is nice living super close to a theme park.
![]() |
| Logan on the top right front row, second seat in ha ha. |
![]() |
| Watching Dad on the roller coaster and having snacks! |
We also visited a park in Toano that Landon and I found several weeks ago. Landon loved running around since he is totally a runner in public. I am going to need a leash for hi when he is older! I can't set him down for a second without him running off. So a big open park with a field and play area is the perfect safe spot for him. Logan and Landon played on the playground, we let Rusty swim, and then alot of running. Landon also learned to go down a slide alone!
We had our last music class on Tuesday and Landon had a grand ol' time. We had a great year with Mrs. C and are looking forward to seeing her again in the fall for the 18-24 month class!
![]() |
| The original 5 members of our 10 person class, 2012-2013 |
Finally-I have saved the best movie for last. Landon, being a typical boy, knows how to try to fart when I ask. He does this at least once a day while eating and usually again while playing. His face is priceless and I am totally going to use this as blackmail when he is older =). Enjoy!
Until next week =)







Save some of those pictures for his wedding day or blackmail, whichever is the most useful.
ReplyDeleteNice writeup, enjoy seeing these. Love, Dad
Nicole - you know he will embarrass you someday in public by doing such tricks! He is quite talented!!
ReplyDeleteLove - Mom