Monday, May 27, 2013

New Home: Week 7

The only exciting news this week to report is we officially flipped our contract to non-contingent now that Logan has graduated from his class! So now we have more waiting for about 4-6 weeks while our blue prints are made and reviewed by James City County. After this we will finally get a pre-construction meeting and a dry wall meeting at some point after that. So more waiting, but we are one step closer to actually getting the building process going!

The room this week that I wanted to focus on is the mudroom.  We have a mudroom that comes off the garage and is a pretty decent size.  In that area we will have enough room for a bench and it also has a coat closet.  I have visions of having this nice bench with storage, little hooks for coats/other items and it being a great place for Landon to keep his backpack, etc!

Here are the inspiration pictures:

I really like this shelf/hooks.  I am going to aim to find something like this for the mudroom.

I also like the idea of storage above the hooks.

I think it will be great to have baskets that sit under the bench for more storage for gloves, shoes, outside toys, etc. I do however, want a more comfortable seat and NO pillows. 
Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment