Thursday, February 7, 2013

52 weeks!

Yep, that is right...52 weeks....almost one year old! Where has the time gone!??!

Landon is the sweetest little boy, but packs a big attitude! He is such a split between his Daddy and I, it always amazes me which personality traits I can pick out from the both of us....then which traits seem to be unique to just Landon.  He is so smart and sharp, that sometimes he does something that just flat out baffles me and I wonder how he even came up with that idea.  He now tries to put everything into something. As I was sitting here writing this, he is currently trying to jam the remote into his elephants ears!  He does get rather frustrated when something doesn't go the way he wants-a trait he gets from both Logan and I!  Landon is still the BIGGEST flirt.  He likes to scan the room for victims and then reals them in with his smiles, clapping, and so big.  Added to his repertoire of tricks is now putting his head shyly on the table or on his shoulder and batting his eyes ha ha....he kills me!

This week Landon finally learned to drink out of a straw! We have only been trying to learn this for several months, so a major accomplishment for him! He now will drink whole milk and water out of his straw cup which has helped me make sure he is getting enough fluids into his little body.  He drinks about 3 oz. of cows milk at dinner which is the most he has ever taken! So steps in the right direction.

This week Landon has also started balancing alone a bit more.  Once he realizes he is standing alone, he freaks out and either sits down or will grab on to something, but the fact that he is doing it is a step in the right direction!   I also found that if I am helping him walk, I can just hold the back of his shirt and he will waddle along with no problem....again the walking is in the near future.  I am hoping he holds out until Logan gets home to become a full time walker!

I am fairly certain he has started understanding what a banana is...he yells nana nana nana whenever he see's it.  He won't do this with any other food.  That may be his first actual word!  He still babbles away, but I think he may be a bit slow on the verbal area of development! We will see here in the next few months since words should start coming soon!

We are still nursing, even after a bit of a supply issue and biting issue a few months back.  Landon still seems interested in nursing and now even demands that I nurse him which he does by resting his face on my chest or trying to pull my shirt down! Since I don't have a job, we are just going to keep going until he decides he is done or I decide I am done.  I am so happy we met our goal of nursing for one year! It has been such a great bond and still certainly my favorite times of the day with him!

Landon also has started to mimic me in certain instances.  He will cough after I cough and fake sneeze as well.  I also read that he will start learning how to use certain objects correctly like hair brushes, tooth brushes, cell phones, etc!

Ok here are the weekly pictures:

These big boy shoes are SO CUTE! Still love baseball things for him =)

Hanging out at the WISC family fun day last Friday.

Big boy!
I am not sure what Landon and I will do for his birthday on Saturday. We do have another party to go to if he is over his upper respiratory infection.  He already seems better than yesterday, which is great news for both of us! I also want to take him to the aquarium in Norfolk so maybe that is something we will do this next week since it is supposed to be rainy.  I have two cupcakes for us to share on his birthday and he has several gifts from family and friends waiting to be opened as well.  I can't believe he is one, what an amazing year!!

Finally, here is me trying to get him to fake sneeze on the video...of course he wouldn't do it the same as he was, but he still tries to make the sound ha ha.


Until next week =)   
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - Peanut and I am so proud of you for being such a great mother! You continue to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story, I liked this "Landon is the sweetest little boy, but packs a big attitude! ", you should save that for him when he is reading and changing around 12 years old. :)

    Love to both of you and Happy Birthday to Landon.

    Granpa D..

    ReplyDelete