Thursday, February 14, 2013

1 year old!

Our little man turned one year old last Saturday! I can't believe the past year went so fast, but slow at the same time.  The days were long, but the months were fast! Now that I have a TODDLER (I still call him my baby ha ha), things seem to be moving fast.  Just in the past week he has turned into quite the monkey and independent little dude!

For his actual birthday, Landon and I hung out and opened presents in the morning at home.  We had another birthday party for 5 other 1 year old February babies that we have met over the time that we lived here.  All of the Mom's did prenatal yoga together and had babies all in February.  It was held at a club house in one of the neighborhoods in town and they had snacks, drinks, and cupcakes.  They had blankets down with toys for the babies, walkers, activity tables, etc! It was fun, even though it was a little chaotic!  It is funny to see how different the crazy boys are from the girls even at this young of an age!  The boys were running (several could already walk) around like crazies and the girls sat nicely and played in one spot on the blanket! After the birthday party and a nap, Landon and I hung out and played at home.  After dinner, I sang him happy birthday and he had a cup cake.  We also skyped with family that day! I think when it was over and done with we saw 4 different families that day! It was a fun day, just wishing Logan could have been home with us to celebrate such a great milestone!  Hopefully next year =).
Birthday boy!

A good picture with his birthday shirt on!

Last sticky month picture!

Oh hey Mom....

Devouring his cupcake!
This week has been pretty normal.  We went to music, had a play date on Tuesday, and went to the doctor yesterday for Landon's 12 month appointment.  Today we have another play date and errands and tomorrow we may try going to the indoor play gym place again. 

His 12 month appointment went well.  Landon is either on track or advanced in most of the areas.  He is advanced in fine motor skills and movement areas.  He is right on track for language development, but I worry that even though he is average, he isn't where he should be with speaking. The dr. and I said we would watch him closely between now and 15 months to make sure he has 3-5 words by that point.  He suggested alot of reading, pointing and saying simple words like dog, cat, ball, etc. He said eventually he would just pick it up and isn't worried that he only has one real word.  Speaking of his one real word, he now says all done.  He doesn't say it in the correct context all the time, but he does it enough that I think he understands.  Landon weighs in at 22 lbs 15 oz. and is 29.75 inches tall.  He is in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference! Surprisingly, he isn't as big as we all think, just an average little guy =).  The little patches on his belly, back, and diaper area are eczema patches.  They are going away currently and don't seem to be irritating him.  The dr. is pretty sure he will out grow it the older he gets!  He also got shots yesterday-boo.  He received the MMR, Chicken pox, and Hepatitis A vaccine.  He could have received two more booster shots yesterday, but I decided to delay though until 15 months.  The shots yesterday burned when they went in more than the other shots he has received so far and he let us know he wasn't pleased! He seems fine today though which I am thankful for!  

Landon has started standing alone for a few seconds this week.  He has been doing it more and more.  I think he is scared to do it, so when he does he automatically sits down.  We will see if he is walking by the time we come home in March! 

Landon is now 90% of the time sleeping through the night.  There has only been one time in the past 3 weeks he has been up before 6 AM.  I am sure now that I say that he will be up several times tonight, but oh well.  It feels nice finally getting a full nights sleep! My body is adjusting to not automatically waking up at 4 AM knowing he would be up soon to eat.  Now it is closer to 6:30-7 or not at all.  Even though he gets up early, I put him back in bed after nursing and he goes back to sleep until 8-8:30.  A few times he has even slept from 7:30 pm-8 AM! Amazing!

He is still nursing 4 times per day and eating 3 meals.  We have started doing a bit of whole cows milk during dinner.  He doesn't seem to be too terribly impressed by it.  He does best if I mix it with a bit of my frozen milk.  The Dr. said if I find that he has a sensitivity we will discuss at his 15 month appointment what some alternatives are for him to drink that gets all the fats he needs that he would receive with the dairy milk. 

Ok here are some pictures I took throughout the week!
He climbs on everything! This chair is the beginning of his monkey stage!

While baby sitting they had a jam session.

He took a few spills this week that cut his eye! Just like a newborn with cuts on the same eye.  I hope he doesn't plan to make that a yearly thing.

Practicing with our utensils!

He is finally growing some hair!

A comparison from newborn to one year old =). Love him!



Until next week =)

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's one! And poor eyeball :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie, ouch on his eye, I imagine many, many more to come. I know two little ones kept your mom and me hopping. :) Love your blog, it is a great read.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete