Our week has been pretty good so far. We spent the first few days cleaning up and winding down from birthday party madness. It took me a few days to take all the decorations down. We still have the streamers up in the kitchen. I figure I will leave those up until his real birthday since it is just Landon and I at the house for a bit!
Landon's birthday party was on Saturday, January 26th at 3:30-whenever. We had three families come, one that we invited wasn't able to come since they were on block leave in England. That was too bad since Wyatt is just a week older than Landon and they are great friends! We spent the first hour or so socializing and watching the kiddos play. There was a 9, 8, 5, 18 month and almost 1 year old at his party! They all found things to play with. Landon mostly just crawled back and forth between the living room and kitchen to make sure we were all still 100% focused on him. Occasionally, he would come through and entertain us with his clapping, booms, or attempts at walking! He LOVES attention. We sang him happy birthday and let him have his first cupcake with a 1st birthday candle. He clearly didn't blow it out, but he did seem rather mesmerized by the flame! After watching him eat, I cut his big monster cake! It had three layers: orange, green, and blue cake with butter cream frosting in between and then butter cream frosting on the outside that I colored blue! I am pretty impressed with his cake since I have never made a cake like that before! I am still eating his cake all by myself...I may gain 20 lbs before it is all gone! We didn't open gifts at the party, but Landon got some great gifts. He got an activity table, a new monster blanket, a Pottery Barn anywhere chair from my parents, a Elephant that blows balls in the air, a few clothes, other little toys, and books! Overall we had a great party and I am so happy it turned out so well!
Landon's Monster Bash!
| Monster blanket! |
We have just been getting back to our usual routine this week. Logan is gone for a month, so L and I are trying to get back into our usual routine now that we are done traveling. We went back to music this week. Landon really does enjoy that class. It has been fun watching all the babies in his class grow and develop over the last 5 months! We have so many January/February babies in that class, that they are all very close to walking! It will be a crazy class here in a few months with all the new walkers and crawlers. Landon finally claps in class when Mrs. C asks him too and we are still working on waving!
Landon learns something new and fun every week. This week he has learned roll them, for the part in Patty cake. He still does so big! He claps for everything he does. He still doesn't technically wave, but will put his arm up in the general direction of the person. We call it his Hitler wave, which is rather funny now-but won't be so much in the future ha ha. He is getting close to pointing, but again just puts his hand in the general direction. I feel real pointing will be coming along soon. He is getting SO CLOSE to walking. He will take 4-5 unassisted steps and then crash into whatever he is aiming for....usually Rusty. He has awful balance, so I suspect until he learns to stand alone, we won't be making much progress in walking any further! He is currently obsessed with a Baby Einstein video that Rere gave him for Christmas. We have to watch it EVERY DAY, which is good because it gives me a few minutes of time to get things done while he is awake!
His separation anxiety is getting a bit better. He will go to almost anyone as long as he isn't already upset or tired. He also does better when I leave the room for a few minutes. He was very comfortable with Logan before he left, so I hope we don't lose all the progress we made with him since he will be gone so much in the coming months.
Finally, here are just a few pictures from the week!
Until next week! =)












No comments:
Post a Comment