Thursday, January 3, 2013

47 Weeks!

The wee dude is 47 weeks old! I can't believe in a few short days we will have an 11 month old!  I feel like just in the last 2 weeks since being in Colorado he has learned and changed so much.  It has been fun having family see these small changes.  My Mom keeps commenting it is amazing how much he learns in just this short time.

In the past week he has:

  • Started taking wobbly unassisted steps! He is extremely off balance and will usually face plant, but he does take about 3 steps not holding on to anything before he falls.  He will be walking before we know it! 
  • He has learned to respond to "How big is Landon? SO BIG"...we have Nana to thank for teaching him this! He is highly obsessed and will do it randomly and wait for you to say So big EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.  Last night in the bath he was alternating between splashing, So Big, and clapping for like 3 minutes....extremely cute and funny. 
  • He looks under things constantly.  The stairs that have gaps at my parents have been a huge hit.  He likes to look under the first step as Logan and I walk downstairs or look at the cats.  
  • He just seems very aware of everything in his environment which is so fun to watch him learn.
Also in the past week he has got his 4th tooth.  It was his top right tooth.  I can already see another tooth coming through on the top as well.  I am hoping this one comes before our trip to Costa Rica.  He has been rather fussy with all this teething so he seems to be in a much better mood now that his 4th tooth popped through!  With the addition of this 4th tooth, Landon learned to grind his teeth.  It is the worst sound and I can't wait until this phase is over!!! It gives me the shivers just thinking about the sound!

In addition to this top tooth business, Landon has started biting while nursing.  It hurts and I am not a fan.  I am trying to get him to stop so we can continue nursing.  I will be highly upset if we don't make it to one year at least.  We have been doing better the past few days.  Nursing him before naps seems to be the best since he is drowsy already and less distracted.  I am hoping once we are back in VA he will be less nippy.

We have had a busy last week...well Logan and I have.  Landon has been back on his schedule for the most part.  He has been mostly staying home with the exception of trips to Nana's and a few to restaurants or the mall.  He has a borderline cold.  He has been coughing and somewhat stuffy.  I feel the same way with a bit of a throaty issue going on.  I may just quarantine us when we get back home until we go to Costa Rica.  Neither of us need to be sick for that trip! Logan and I have been taking advantage of having a babysitter and doing all the things we never get to do at home.  I wish we lived closer to family that could watch Landon occasionally!

Here are some pictures of the last week:

CU Men's basketball game!

Happy New Years Eve

Landon found a bottle in the suitcase!

Shooting some guns!

Melting Pot to celebrate our Anniversary-4 years!

Teething monster baby.



 Until next week! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment