Landon this week/month:
- You eat two meals a day. I need to keep better track of how "much" you are eating in ounces, since I am sure the Dr. will want to know on Friday. You eat breakfast, usually a fruit, occasionally cereal and then dinner, which is a veggie and a fruit. Lately, your new favorite is pears and mango mixed. We made the decision "mistake" to try Plum Organics, they were on sale at the store and you devour every single package. They seems to have a greater variety of mixtures and veggies than Gerber or other baby food brands. I REALLY need to get back to making your baby food.
![]() |
| Messy face! |
- You HATE having your face wiped after eating. You grimace and whine and shake your head. I can already see we will have problems with this the older you get!
- You are still nursing 6-7 times per day. We met our first goal of 6 months and have set a new goal of 1 year! I hope we can make it. Nursing you at night before you go to sleep is one of my favorite times of day.
- You have been SUPER backed up...poor baby. We have been giving you pureed prunes and that seems to help. I am hoping your little system sorts itself out soon and this won't be an on going problem. I do have to admit the grunts and faces you make are rather entertaining though.
- You are the king of all flirts. Everywhere we go people talk to you and you just smile and laugh and talk to them. You bat your eyes, especially at the old ladies, and duck your head into my shoulder. It is rather ridiculous actually. Daily from random people, I always get asked if he is always this happy. I generally answer most of the time, but then quickly think back to our first three months of constant crying and am so thankful your true personality was able to come out after your colic and reflux started getting better!
- You have been showing more interest in rolling the last few days. You will roll on to your side and then grab and play with the toys. You even once rolled over to your stomach when I wasn't looking...typical lol.
- Just yesterday you started scooting backwards on your blanket in your room. So I do kind of worry crawling won't be too far behind. I think you will either crawl sooner rather than later or not really at all. You LOVE to stand when we hold you up, so I think you might just skip it and head right to standing/walking. Kind of like your Dad with his frog hopping.
- You still don't have any teeth. You are a drooling fool and are constantly chewing on everything. I do think your amber teething necklace seems to be helping. You are much less whiny, but I think that might be because you finished up your growth spurt.
- You sleeping is doing pretty well. You still wake up once a night usually, between 4-5 AM. At that point though, it is almost 9-10 hours since you last ate, so I don't mind feeding you. You usually stay awake for 20 minutes or so and then fall back asleep alone. Depending upon the morning you may wake up around 7 AM, but I don't get you unless you are hysterical (which is rarely). Then you usually sleep until 8-8:30. Other days you don't wake up at all after your feeding and then sleeping until 8:00. On the rare day you can sleep until 9 AM, but I don't like to do that because your nap times get all off during the day.
- You nap at 10 AM for about 1.5-2 hours and then again around 2 pm for 1.5-2 hours. Depending on the day you skip your third nap, which makes for a monstery Landon in the evening and then other days you will take short snooze in your swing for 30 minutes, which makes for a more enjoyable Landon until bedtime at 7.
- Every nap and night time, I give you a pacifier to just chew on because I am still convinced you would like one. Well last night, you spit it out from me, but then grabbed it and tried for about 5 minutes to get it in your mouth. Well once you did, you KEPT it in there. You even slept with it for several hours. It even fell out and you found it and put it back in. To say I am shocked is an understatement, little boy. To make this even more interesting, I woke up this morning to you having it in your mouth AGAIN! So we will see if this keeps up...
![]() | ||
| See him holding it in there...also note the side sleeping! |
Last but not least-2 videos!
So there you have it. A more detailed recap of Landon at 6 months. Happy 6 months my little boy, we love you more than you can ever imagine. Having a baby has changed our family so much, but we would never have it any other way! We love being your parents.
Until next week =).



What a lovely message to your little guy! I loved the videos!! And everything else! He is one lucky little boy! Love you! rere
ReplyDeleteHe is a crazy boy in the bath tub - loves to splash water everywhere and doesn't mind it in his eyes or ears! Olympic splasher!!
ReplyDelete