We had a busy week this past week with Rere being in town! We were busy almost everyday and Landon was a trooper through it all. We carried him around from 10 AM to 4 PM most days without as much of a major meltdown most of those days; it was pretty impressive. Oh course we had some whiny moments, but overall he was a champ about venturing out and exploring Williamsburg. So let me share some pictures first of her visit:
 |
| Our visit to Jamestown |
 |
| Looking out onto the James River |
 |
| In Jamestown Fort ha ha |
 |
| Cooling down in a replica of the church from Jamestown Fort |
 |
| Jamestown Island |
 |
| Yorktown Beach |
So as you can see we had a busy week. This doesn't even include all the things we (Rere) did around the house. She hung pictures, arranged the kitchen, hung curtains in Landon's room, and helped with the yardwork! So see busy busy busy. It was so much fun to have her here and we hope she can come back soon!
This past week has been a big one for Landon on the developmental scale!
- You have started rolling from you back to your side/almost belly. You still won't roll all the way over, but I know it is coming. The sad part is, is you often roll around so you can see the TV lol....we are going to need to not have that on so frequently after the Olympics end!
- You have been eating two solid meals a day. I still don't think you eat alot of solids, but really at this point in time solids are just for learning how to eat, not so much nutrition.
- Your sleep at night is allover the place. Some nights you can sleep until 4 am or later, then others you are up at 2 am and 6 am. I can never tell if you are really hungry at 2 am, but you always eat off both sides at that time, so I don't mind feeding you.
- You have had some fussy days mixed in with good days lately. I think you are midgrowth spurt since you do seem to be eating more during the day and devouring your solids.
- I started having you wear an amber teething necklace. I will update on this as you wear it to see if it helps!
- You have started grabbing at EVERYTHING! My hair, face, necklaces, clothes, pretty much anything in front of you, you grab at. So people who wear glasses...WATCH OUT! They won't be safe on your face!
- When I am eating or drinking, you expect to be eating or drinking also. Yesterday while we were out to lunch, every time I put my sandwich to my mouth you would open yours like I should give you some....same with my drink. We started giving you a sippy cup with just a bit of water so you are enjoying learning how to use that also.
- You love your toys now. We always have something for you to play with. You can rattle toys, throw them around, and reach out in front of you to grab it. I am thinking we should get you some bath toys since you are even grabbing the wash cloth to play with in the tub as well!
- Sitting has kind of taken a backseat to all these other new things this week, so we need to get back to working on that!
- I read about other babies your age who are starting to crawl and I am perfectly fine with you mostly being stationary and not showing any interest in full movement. You certainly like to kick your legs and throw your arms around, so I know once you get the hang of it the days of just you on the floor are OVER. We will need a baby jail. =)
Ok time for pictures/movies:
 |
| Chewing on Sophie in his new high chair at the table. |
 |
| See his little hand on the crib rail, that is how he falls asleep every night. |
 |
| Playing on the floor with his new toys-the downside to this is the dog hair. I actually think he is allergic to Rusty because after being on the floor he rubs his eyes-not sure what to do about that. |
 |
| Taking a snooze in the stroller while Rere and I explored Historic Jamestown! |
|
|
First video is of Landon playing on the couch. Like I said, he REALLY enjoys toys these days. The next one is him learning how to rattle his other little toy in his room!
Until next week!
Now I really miss my little buddy!
ReplyDelete