Thursday, July 5, 2012

21 Weeks!

Our wee little man is 21 weeks old, that means he is ALMOST 5 months old! We have been busy getting acquainted with the Williamsburg area in Virginia.  We are slowly getting to know our way around.  We have been out exploring the various shopping areas, driving around on the Colonial National Highway, and out by the James River.  Honestly, Landon and I have yet to leave Williamsburg.  Perhaps this weekend, we will venture down to Yorktown to try out some of their beaches! 

In the past week, we have just been surviving on whatever we brought with us directly from Tennessee.  I think we are all a bit tired of sleeping on the floor/air mattress.  I even think Landon is finally ready to get out of his rock n play sleeper and into his crib!  So we are all REALLY looking forward to getting our things.  Mostly, so Landon has more things to do.  With him being extra alert these days, he gets bored pretty easily of sitting in his bumbo or hanging out on his play mat!  Thankfully, we have our new TV, thanks Dad =), that keeps us pretty occupied! We have the most basic cable we could get and a ROKU, so we at least have some evening entertainment besides staring at each other ha ha. 

Last weekend, we checked out our neighborhood pool.  It was pretty nice, but we found out we do have to have a membership (everything costs money here)!  Luckily, Donna is awesome, and we are getting that as our house warming present, thanks Donna.  =).    Here is Mr. Landon napping at the pool in the shade after about 20 minutes in the pool:


We still need to get him his own little floaty now that we know they allow those types of things in the pool!  We will probably be there every few days to break up what we do without trying to spend money!

During our exploring one day, we tried to take Rusty to the only dog park in Williamsburg, but found out we have to pay to be a member of the park!?  Granted, it is only $27/year to use the dog park and whatever else at the park, but still!  With Logan projected to be training a good portion of this year, I don't think I can safely take Landon and Rusty to a dog park without worrying about one of them! Instead of joining that day, the park ranger recommended taking Rusty swimming on the James River; what a BIG river! It was warm when I walked into it, a little dirty, aaaannndddd a bit smelly.  However, it was fun for Rusty and us to get out and see it! I am not too sure I would go floating on a raft on it like some people we saw, but for a dog, it is perfect =).


We have been going out to lunch/dinner constantly! I think we can all agree we are soooo tired of eating out.  Poor little Landon has been a trooper, but he thinks that every time we get to a restaurant he needs out of his car seat!  I can't wait until he can sit in a highchair! I think he will love it and it will be a nice break for us from having to hold him and play pass the baby!

We started solids with Peanut this week! He really seems to love them.  So far we have tried sweet potatoes and avocados.  I think he enjoys the avocados more!  I will try sweet potatoes in a few days again to see if they go a bit better.  He opens his mouth wide for the avocados, but not so much for the sweet potatoes!  Here are some pictures of his first meal!  Bananas, squash, and apples are next up on the list!


Landon also celebrated his first 4th of July yesterday! We didn't do anything super patriotic, in fact this was the first year we didn't even go watch fireworks together! We decided with 100 degree temperatures, an already cranky teething baby, the crowds, and really have no idea where we can go to watch the fireworks that dinner out with Landon's cute little outfit was all we needed to do!  Here are some pictures of our little boy on his first fourth of July!

His newest face ha ha....it cracks me up! He was making this face the entire time we were grocery shopping and I was hoping we weren't going to have a major melt down, but he would make it and then laugh...typical lol.
He knows the 4th of July is Mommy's favorite holiday =)
We are starting our full time cloth diapering this week! I am excited, but I also need to look into how to wash cloth diapers with hard water.  We have some extremely hard water here in Williamsburg and I know that it will be a problem and ruin the diapers if I don't figure it out!   Peanut is also transitioning to his crib-pray for us! Last night he slept from 7:30-6 AM in his Rock n play....go Landon! I did end up going to check on him to make sure he was ok ha ha...I will need to stop doing that because he woke up shortly after I checked on him! So stay tuned for an update on cloth diapering full time and a crib transition!

Finally, our weekly video!  Landon is INCREDIBLY ticklish.   His chin, underarms, ribs, belly, upper thighs, feet, and even his butt make him laugh when you tickle them.  It is pretty darn cute...so here he is last night before his bath just laughing away!


Until next week-hopefully I will have some pictures of our house with stuff in it!



1 comment: