Thursday, June 14, 2012

18 Weeks!

Our little man is officially just over 4 months old! I feel like the last four months have flown by.  Logan and I were looking at the pictures from when Landon was born and we both agree it seemed like a life time ago.  The first month was a giant blur.  I can barely remember much of it besides being in pain.  The second month brings sad memories of an upset Landon because of his colic and reflux.  The third month our happy little man began to appear with full smiles, the departure of his colic, and his rolling, and now here we are in month four! I can't wait to see what this month will bring with him.  He is already so much fun, I can't imagine what joy he will bring to our lives this month! 

Landon this week:
  • You started sleeping in your own room! We kicked you out last Friday and it was probably the best decision we have made in regards to your sleep since we brought you home! The first night you went to sleep in your own room (still in your Rock n' Play) and only woke up at 3:30 to eat and then slept until 7:45.  We were shocked! So far you have kept up this trend and are sleeping like a champ in your own room!  We find the key to your sleep is the constant rain sounds and a super dark room!  I think between your Dad and Rusty, they were keeping you up at night.  We are working on weaning your last night feeding so we can hopefully officially have a sleeping through the night baby.  My body thanks you for actually going back to sleeping better than you have ever =).  
  • You have also started taking 1.5-2.5 hour long naps! The first few times you did this, once again in your room, I thought it was a fluke!  Now when you get a bit cranky and start to whine, I scoop you up, put you in your sleep suit, turn on the white noise, close your blinds, and tell you it is nap time and that I love you, put you in your bed, a few good night kisses, and walk out of the room.  95% of the time you are asleep within a few minutes! Once again...shocking turn around from our only 30 minute napper!  You don't even like to sleep in your swing anymore, so you have made some big changes in the past week!
  • You also had your four month Dr. appointment this week!  You weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz (80%), 24.5 inches long (30%), and your head is the 40th %.  So to all of those who think your head is big....wrong lol.  I think it is those cheeks that make you look like you have a big head!  The Dr. said you are doing wonderfully.  She gave us the go ahead for solid foods, but we are going to wait until you are closer to 5 months and we are in Virginia to start.  We want to make sure we are settled and not having any more drastic changes before we start anything new with you! We are skipping the rice and oatmeal and going straight to the veggies and fruit, although the Dr. did say we should give you some oatmeal around 6 months to make sure you aren't allergic to grains/oats.  


  • You visited your friend Carson again this past week!  You look pretty big next to him, but he looks to be not too much shorter than you! Sorry you are kind of shrimpy, thanks to Mommy!


  • You went swimming again this past weekend but the pool was much colder and you were not so impressed.  So here is a picture of you post swimming in a much happier mood!


  •  Your Daddy left again this week to move to Virginia! We are left here for the next two weeks to tie up the loose ends here in Tennessee! We are trying desperately to get our house rented.  We had a person come look yesterday, so we will see if they come back! Fingers crossed.  In addition to trying to rent the house, we are working on getting everything ready for the movers.  You have been very patient about not getting a ton of attention while Mommy runs around the house cleaning and organizing things.  Here you are yesterday in your little seat, but with a new twist. Anything you can grab you love these days!


Naked boys! Logan's last day home before he left.

Finally, I leave you with a video of trying to get Landon to laugh! Once again-I apologize because of how DUMB I sound, but he apparently likes to laugh at my cost lol...

 Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment