Thursday, May 10, 2012

13 Weeks!


Landon is 13 weeks old and officially 3 months as of yesterday!! Almost daily, I get people telling me he is huge for 3 months.  I think he is fat, but long-not so much.  I guess we will see what all the family thinks here next week when they get to see him.  Here are some of the three month pictures I took of Landon! I love that when I pull out the camera he ham's it up =).  Guess he realizes he comes from a family of photographers/ want to be photographer (ME-ha ha) and he better get used to it. 


My favorite.  He let out a big squeal during this one too!
His eyes almost look green in this picture!

Logan's favorite of the shots!
The past few days my Dad has been in town, so we have been having fun entertaining him.  We went out to lunch, ran errands, stopped for coffee at his favorite local place, went to the Blackhorse Pub and Brewery, and took Rusty swimming!  Landon was pretty good for all of our outings, but he surprised us the most last night at the Blackhorse.  It was the first time we didn't have to take him out of his car seat while we were out.  He fussed a few times, but overall just sat back and took in the surroundings.  It might have helped I was sitting there talking to him and making him smile instead of talking to the adults =).  It was kind of a bitter sweet visit since he was our last official visitor at our house in TN!  How sad, but like he said, it was a great started house and we have learned what we want and don't want out of our next house in VA!  

We are slowly working on tummy time with Mr. Landon.  I feel this is probably Landon's least favorite time of day when we put him down and expect him to show us his mad skills, no pun intended, of tummy time.  We have started using the boppy and that has seemed to help a bit with the screaming/eating the floor situation.  He is getting pretty good at holding his head up for the first minute or so, so that is fun to see!  We usually only make it five minutes at a time, but we try to have him do it 2-3 times a day if we get around to it! 

In the last few weeks EVERYTHING goes in Landon's mouth (except a pacifier, of course).  So we have started giving him toys that he likes to nom on while he is hanging out alone if I am busy or we are out and about.  This is the famous Sophie the giraffe toy that everyone raves about and Landon seems to fall into the love category as well.  He officially started eating her face as soon as I gave it to him.  He seems so old now that he can hold toys and chew on them =).

Here is just a cute picture of Landon and Logan.  He was so cute in his little plaid outfit that I had to take one of them matching!

Here is one of Landon and I! I rarely get my picture taken with the little man, so I need to post them when I do.  Plus this is post haircut (YAY for alone time)! I am so happy I cut it short.  My hair has been styled more the past week than it has in the last 6 months ha ha. 

In other news, Landon is still the world's worst napper.  He should seriously win an award!  If anyone has any ideas or advice we will be happy to accept.  We are lucky to get a total of 3 hours of napping in during the day these days.  Landon is currently napping in his bed and we will see how long this lasts.  If we get past 45 minutes it will be a miracle. 

We are also getting ready to ditch his swaddle in the coming weeks as well.  He is starting to bust out of it in the wee morning hours so when he wakes up his one arm is out.  I am taking that as a hint that it is time to move on, regardless of how well it helps him sleep at night.  I discovered this "suit" that is supposed to help transition from the swaddle to just PJ's, called the Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit! It looks like a space suit, but if it helps us with the transition without losing a bunch of sleep, we will give it a go! 

We have had several nibbles on our house for a possible tenant for renting.  We have a showing tomorrow morning and have had one other inquiry asking about animals.  So keep your fingers crossed we get this bad boy rented before we head out next month!!  Logan just got back from a quick trip to Virginia where he was hoping to be able to look for houses, but no such luck.  It appears that we will just be staying in an extended stay hotel with the three of us and the animals (God help us), until we find a place to rent! We are allowed 10 days in the hotel that the Army will cover until we have to start paying.

We head home in just under a week and I think it is safe to say we are all very excited.  I know everyone is super excited to see Landon!  I am looking forward to the family BBQ and seeing all my friends who still live in Colorado!

Ok, enough writing and on to cleaning and squeezing in a work out before Mr. Peanut Brittle wakes up.

Until next week.  If you are lucky you will get a post from the car on the drive to CO!  See everyone soon =).

 


1 comment: