Thursday, May 3, 2012

12 Weeks!

So Landon is 12 weeks old today.  When people ask how old he is I just say the weeks until he hits his actual birthday day on the 9th...mostly because I am in denial that he is almost 3 months old!  The phone app said this week he is no longer considered a newborn, but an infant! How insane...guess Logan will have to stop saying he is brand new to people =).  With this 12 week mark though has returned the fussy pants Landon. I think we are in the midst of the 3 month growth spurt.  We have a fussy, non-sleeping, constantly eating baby on our hands.  Like I told my Mom and Logan, it is better that he hits this now rather than when we are traveling to Colorado here in a few weeks.  Another indication that he is in a growth spurt is that he now suspiciously fits into some 3-6 month clothes! All the jammies he has worn so far this week are 6 month! YIKES! The sad part is they fit pretty darn well ha ha!

We have had another busy week, but with the fussy level we have had to limit our outings a bit more.  The most important thing that happened in the past week was we got a new car, a 2013 Ford Explorer.  We now have MORE than enough room for Landon and Rusty. We will be driving home to Colorado here in a few weeks with it so hopefully it does what we want it too!

Here is the last picture of my little Jeep, I will miss it!

Here is a picture of the new car:

I think it looks pretty sharp! I LOVE the brown =)


Landon also started wearing cloth diapers this week! So far we only have 3 and they seem to work pretty darn well! Not to mention they are SUPER cute.  We are going to use these three for a week or so and then decide if it is something we want to invest in.  We think it would save us a lot of money in the long run since he could wear them up to 35 lbs!  I just need to teach Logan how to use them now ha ha =). 


Cute little diaper butt! He also has a yellow one and a green one! Can't wait to get more =)
Landon is developing QUITE the personality.  Logan and I were talking last night that we think we are going to have our hands full when he is a toddler and gets older.  He is already a challenging little guy with all of his likes and dislikes and his VERY STRONG opinion on things, so it will be interesting to see how he develops over the years.  I blame Annie, Mallory, and Donna for wishing Logan to have a son that was just like him growing up ha ha...I think we definitely have a contender on our hands for that!

Yesterday while we were having a coo-ing conversation Landon decided to give me the poop face from start to finish...so here ya go! He is always SO PROUD of himself when he gets done ha ha...maybe that will transition to wanting to potty train early =). One can only hope!

Look how proud he is in that last frame =).
Something new I wanted to try this week was getting Landon on video. This was just done with my iphone, I need to work with the fancy camera some more on videos so expect more in the weeks to come.  I was trying to get Landon to talk and smile, but he gets so distracted by the smallest things these days it is hard to get him to do what I want ha ha...typical man =).  So here are two videos (really the same long one cut in half, stupid phone wouldn't let me email it all together) of Landon talking and just moving around! Please excuse my retarded sounding voice in the background ha ha.  =).


So after three months of parenting Landon we are starting to see our parenting style develop.  I think we are borderline attachment parents, which cracks me up and I feel like I would make the Boulder hippy Mamas proud! We are working on cloth diapering, Landon is exclusively breast fed (with an occasional bottle, but I think of this statement as no formula added), we baby wear in a carrier, and we even co-sleep on occasion in the morning.  Co-sleeping scares me, but Landon loves it so much and I know would sleep there all night long if I let him.  I position him right up next to my body and cover him up on his legs and he is asleep minutes later.  I never in a million years thought we would fall into this type of parenting, but it is what works for us right now.  At the same time we also try to structure Landon's day a bit with a routine. We are still working on our midday routine which involves trying to figure out his nap schedule.  Lately he has been maybe sleeping 2 hours during the day (he is supposed to be getting between 5-7 hours of day time sleep) and turning into a terror to put down at night.  So in the coming weeks my goal is to try to get him on a schedule or at least an eat, play, sleep routine during the day so he naps MORE during the day.  He fights going to sleep so bad during the day; it is like he is going to miss something.   

Ok this is now a novel!

Until next week =).


No comments:

Post a Comment