Friday, March 30, 2012

7 Weeks!

Landon has rounded the seven week mark!  This week I am still seeing progress with his fussiness and have pretty much learned what most of his cries mean so it is much easier to console him unless it is his I am just annoyed at the world and myself cry and then nothing will....this usually occurs during the witching hours-6-9 pm before I get him ready for bed! 

He has been sleeping longer stretches as night still.  We are up to just about 5.5 hours so from 9-2:30-ish.  Then we get to just about 2-3 hours which is how he is during the day.  Now, if I could only learn to go to bed when he does so that I can get that long of sleep too. Instead I usually stay up and watch tv or read...which is just about the only time I get to myself besides a shower and an occasional work out, and even then Landon is in the same room with me ha ha.  I moved his bedtime an hour earlier, which is nice because it is one less fussy hour at night, but it also means we get up an hour earlier too! So that has been a bit rough!

We were back at the pediatrician this week for a possible Thrush diagnosis, thank goodness he doesn't have it!  We did find out our little chunker is up to 11 lbs 2 ounces and moved into the 68th percentile in weight! We also upped his dose for his medicine which also seems to be helping more with his reflux, especially since I am off the antibiotics for Mastitis that I dealt with a few weeks ago.  His little face is filling out and he has some pretty chubby cheeks in the making, along with neck rolls and arm rolls.  His wee little chicken legs appear to be prevailing regardless of the weight gain =).

This week we had Molly, Kendra, and Brooke in town for a few days!  Landon and Brooke are so different even though they are only 4.5 months apart. Brooke is such a good baby with entertaining herself, rarely crying, and sleeping through the night! I can only hope Landon aspires to be like his girlfriend at this age!!!   Brooke was pretty fascinated by Landon, but he still is learning to focus on people so he was not quite so excited by her ha ha...perhaps at their next meeting in a few months!
Landon his beloved swing-showing off his cheeks and chubby neck!

Brooke trying it out and realizing she might be a bit too big for it!

Bonding time...can you see Landon doesn't look so excited lol! I told him she wouldn't want to marry him if he isn't nice to her!

Landon desperately wants to be a stomach sleeper! Perhaps once he learns to roll over we will put him on his stomach to sleep.  I am guilty of doing it during nap time, but he just sleeps so much better.  As long as I am next to him and watch him, I think it is ok! At night he remains on his back in his rock n' play sleeper to help with his reflux!

Landon and Brooke exploring each other! They were pretty cute together.

Landon is his favorite spot in the house-his diaper changing pad.  This kid just hangs out here for 30 minutes completely content and stares at the wall...I think he is trying to tell us he understands he will be a great baseball star by looking at all his baseball stuff =).

Annie is here visiting with us now, so we will have plenty of pictures and stories for next week's update! Hopefully, I will start catching pictures of his smiles as well.  They are still so random when he does them that I have yet to catch on on the camera or my phone...perhaps that is a goal for this next week =)!

No comments:

Post a Comment