I worked 6 days in a row! I went the Nashville Symphony at the Schermerhorn-crazy name right? I can't exactly pronounce it! The symphony was wonderful! We had seats that looked to the back of the orchestra but were right next to the choir! There was a childrens choir, adult choir, and then the orchestra! The crazy conductor had long hair and a crazy vampire voice (Ashley is obsessed with Twilight-so she said he had a vampire voice)! I think he was German-but boy did that man enjoy his job! His hair shook with joy as he conducted the choir and orchestra! We even had group sing alongs that the entire audience would parti
On Friday night I went to Logan's company Christmas party-it was held at the Convention Center in Hopkinsville, the same place where we had our formal in May. With Logan gone, I went with Alena and then met several other ladies whose husbands are also gone. The party was an ugly Christmas sweater theme! There was a contest of who had the ugliest sweater-a group of four of us went up with the group name of the Husbandless idols-pretty funny but sad in its own way! We had to tell about our sweaters in round one and then in round two we had to dance! Thank goodness we got voted out in the second round! My love called me while I was at the party! Made the night a bit better =).
Here are some pictures from last night at the party:
Today-Saturday-I worked, was left a horrible present by Rusty upstairs in the bonus room which required a carpet cleaner rental, had lunch with a friend, and began the process of painting the kitchen! I must have over worked myself today, because I got around one outlet with the paint and decided I didn't have enough patience to paint today! I am going to try to finish tomorrow! Tomorrow, in addition to painting, I am goign to an open house at the Beach Haven Winery here in Clarksville. They have free wine tasting, free food, and vendors come from all around town to sell their items. I am going because it is free-but it should be a good time!
Well I am off to finish Julie and Julia! What a wonderful movie! I am making Logan watch this with me when he returns-I recommend everyone see this movie! Makes me want to go cook right now! Perhaps that shall be my next undertaking when Logan is gone-to learn to make fancy meals for when he returns! That way I can test them out on myself first and then if they are good I will feed them to him! I think its a wonderful plan!
Ok off I go...
Love,
Nicki and Logan (from a land far away)!
Only one week until I am home. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment