Saturday, August 30, 2014

36 Weeks with baby 2!

How Far Along? 36 Weeks

Weight Gain? 20 lbs gained

Stretch Marks? None yet...fingers crossed

Sleep? Back to being up every 1.5-2 hours! Sleeping is a joke this last month...

Best Moment of the Week?  Hitting the big goal of 36 weeks! Also, getting out more with Landon. He behaves so much better when we go out to do stuff. I am trying to enjoy the last few weeks we have together as just "me and you" as he puts it!

Movement? Mostly just wiggling motions and random limbs sticking out.

What I miss? Walking more than 15 minutes without extreme back pain! Makes going to the store difficult. Next week I plan to start waddling around the neighborhood to get her in a good position for labor.

 Symptoms: Mostly just contractions. hip pain, and the swelling has started.  I guess I should be thankful I made it this far without any swelling! My hands and feet are pretty swollen.

What I'm looking forward to?  Next major goal of 37 , which is now deemed early term and 39 weeks is considered full term! I may cry if I actually go to 40 weeks, but with GD I won't go past that date, possibly even 39 weeks  depending on how my numbers are looking and how large she looks. 

Updates:  Had my last appointment on Monday. Nothing terribly exciting as it was just centering appointment group meeting. Everything looks good in terms of weigh and blood pressure.  They did an internal to check-surprisingly everything has remained the same, except for the fact that she has gone from -4 to -1 station. It counts down from -4-+4, zero station meaning engaged. So she is 1 above being engaged in my pelvis, so I was right in assuming she had dropped since my last appointment. My belly was also measuring 3 weeks behind again so I have another growth ultrasound to check on her growth on Tuesday, as well as just a general OB appointment. After this, I go weekly until I have her...nearing the end! 


Landon is still working towards understanding having a baby coming. I can imagine the concept is pretty abstract. He talks about being a big brother to baby Hailey as he calls her and how he will help with diaper changes, feeding, and what not. He knows that I will use the boppy to nurse her and how he can hold her using it with Mommy or Daddy's help.  He is still obsessed with me going to my Drs. appointments and ultrasounds. I imagine he will be pretty excited to come visit us in the hospital once she arrives. He has been big on to talking to other babies when we are out and always very curious...so I am hoping that is a good sign.  He also tells me he has a baby sister in his belly. I have been telling him I need to rest because my back hurts and so he now connects that she makes me uncomfortable with pain. The other day he came up to me holding his leg and told me his baby sister was hurting his leg inside-highly amusing.  He has also become interested in feeling her move, so he will get right up next to my belly and talk to her and wait for her to move. He is pretty cute and sweet.

Belly picture:  36 weeks


Until next week! 

1 comment:

  1. HI, you should update with a paragraph from today as you and mom talked on the phone on our drive back to Colorado. :) Hang in there, go for 38.5. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete