Thursday, August 21, 2014

35 Weeks with baby 2!

How Far Along? 35 weeks!  Hailey is the size of a large cantaloupe, roughly 5.5 pounds and 19 inches long. 35 weeks seems like a big milestone to me, it also means there are 35 days left until my due date!

Weight Gain? Not a clue!

Stretch Marks? None yet...fingers crossed

Sleep? I've been sleeping better this week, but still tossing and turning. Then up around 630 with Landon every day-wish he would learn to sleep in! Hailey also has middle of the night dance parties which keep me awake as well!

Best Moment of the Week?  Being able to go out and do a few activities. We made it back to our usual coffee dates this week and have been out playing a bit more. Tomorrow I plan to make my first trip to Target to return a rug and will enjoy being in one of my favorite stores =).

Movement? Alot of quick jabs, rolling, and low movement. I think she has dropped a bit and it changes where I feel her movements. She is still pushing off my right rib and then rolling around. I also feel like I can feel her head pressing against my pelvis and grinding bone...not pleasant!

What I miss? Being able to walk without shooting pains down my leg ha-a sign of a low baby!

 Symptoms: Mostly just contractions. hip pain, and managing the gestational diabetes!

What I'm looking forward to?  Next major goal of 36 weeks!

Updates: No major updates this week. I have an appointment Monday, but just another general appointment. I have been trying to get my prescription for progesterone refilled without much luck and I have just decided to stop taking it because at this rate, I would only take it for another week anyway. I plan to ask about my gestational diabetes stuff again next week in terms of being induced vs. letting me go naturally and when they would induce. Hopefully my normal dr. is back Monday from his trip to Africa! I will then start weekly appointments until she makes her appearance. We are hoping to keep her in there for another 2 weeks. I told Logan last night that Landon was born 3 weeks from today (38 weeks exactly)-that seemed to shock us both a bit! We have been doing a bit of studying in terms of helping us achieve our med free birth goal. We have been reading a Hypnobirthing book, studying labor comfort measures, talking with our doula, and watching some online videos of birthing techniques. I also have a few videos on Netflix for us to watch.  Our biggest goal right now is to switch our (mostly my) mindset to getting her out and that the contractions now aren't necessarily a bad thing. So I am trying to slowly embrace that idea per our doula =). We have also been working on our birth plan and making sure all the hospital stuff is ready. Logan is scheduled to put in the car seat bases this weekend! I also packed an emergency bag for Landon just in case she makes an earlier than planned appearance before my Mom comes back to stay with Landon!


Belly picture:  35 weeks





Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment