Friday, January 3, 2014

99 Weeks!

We had a good week this past week. Landon finally got over being sick, I am slowly getting better. We still didn't have many of our activities, but we did have a New Years Eve party with some friends and celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  

ON NYE, we had a little get together at our house. We had some friends over and ALOT of kids. There were 6 kids under the age of 6....oh my lord, so many kids. I nearly had a heart attack at all the kids wandering around with food and carrying things around near the walls. Overall, they did really well not ruining anything! The guys played corn hole outside with Logan's new boards, while the ladies stayed in and chatted and ran interference with the kiddos.   Most of the kids left between 8 and 9, but we put Madisyn down upstairs in the guest room so Allyson could stay until midnight. It went very well, so hopefully when Logan is gone coming up we can do this in the future and have fun girls night. Overall, I would say it was pretty successful! Staying up until 1 is never a good idea with a toddler that gets up earlier when he goes to bed later-that wasn't fun!

Landon went back to MDO this week. HE did AMAZING. This was the first week in months that I was able to drop him off and have him not cry. He went in holding his little Elmo and saw another little boy playing with the kitchen. I asked him if he would go make his teacher some eggs and he said ok. So I put him down and took his coat off; he seemed a bit concerned that I was headed towards the door, but I said go make eggs (his favorite thing to tell you he is cooking at home) and he said bye bye mommy and headed off with his teacher. They said he did amazing, no crying and best of all no pacifier ALL DAY. Now let's hope that he can keep this trend up after I stay all next week since it is my volunteer day!

During MDO, Logan and I went to get an hour long couples massage.  We always go for our anniversary, so this was a nice treat for us and worked out perfectly with Landon being in school.  It was very nice. We are hoping to be able to get a sitter a few times before Logan leaves as well =).

Ok, for the pictures this week:

Helping himself

One last visit to Christmas town. Busch Garden opens again in March.

Someone's birthday is coming!

He got some new Thomas boots...plus another black eye.

Using his cute little gift from Rere....now if we can work on him not eating the chalk.

The snowman on the door has a funny hat.

Sitting on his bike with his "helmet"

Getting ready for NYE

Landon being a crazy guy on NYE

    
Having a snack =).
Until next week =).

1 comment:

  1. I think little Mr. L needs to wear his bike helmet all the time!! haha GOSH next week will be the 100 one!! WOW

    ReplyDelete