We went up to visit on Sunday and were pleasantly surprised to see the trades have been in doing work. This includes the duct work, plumbing, and cabling. I am sure I am forgetting something, but I don't know much about this stage of building the house ha! It was fun to go in and see everything really cleaned up on the floors, etc. At some point this week we think we will have our pre drywall meeting with the project manager. That meeting we will spend time going over the framing and looking at all the different things in the wall. Also this week we expect the siding to start going up on the outside of the house, which I am SUPER excited about.
Here are the pictures from the last visit at the house:
![]() |
| Outside with the roof and windows! |
![]() |
| Back door! |
![]() |
| Blurry L running through the kitchen and great room |
![]() |
| Landon's first climb up the steps |
![]() |
| Landon's bathtub! |
After the visit to the house in the morning we spent the afternoon furniture shopping down in Newport News. We went to two furniture stores, Haverty's and Haynes. They were both pretty nice and have labor day sales going on. If we buy something now we will just put it on lay away for delivery in November. We want to make sure we catch the sales for these type of things so we decided to start looking sooner rather than later.
Here are the pieces we picked out yesterday. We are still trying to decide between the two bedroom sets, so opinions are appreciated!
![]() |
| The downstairs sectional! |
![]() |
| Dresser, first bedroom set |
![]() |
| Smaller dresser-first bedroom set |
![]() |
| Whole bedroom set-first set |
![]() |
| Dresser-second set |
![]() |
| Whole second bedroom set |
![]() |
| Nightstand second set |
Until next week =)












Good progress, I like the first bedroom set, it has a little more character/detail. Colors are similar, were they same wood type, helps to know. how was drawer construction, solid is best. Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteI like teh night stand of the 2nd choice and the storage under the bed of this set. Of course I like things more country feel so it that is what you are looking for go with the second. The first one is really nice too and like your Dad said has more detail! Solid construction of the drawers is really important! Also if you have a foot board make sure you won't be hitting your shin on it all the time! Experience!!
ReplyDeleteI am back! i looked again at the bedroom sets and agree with your MOM about the first one! Then I noticed the bed scarf and two big pillows that match it. I could make both of these for you and save you lots of money! The scarf could be all one knid of material or more what ever you like. Let me know when you know what you are doing for the bedspread again. If I recall you had bought one already? Hopefully you didn't buy the pillows. I certainly can make these cheaper if we can get material you like! Love coming back and looking at your pictures here! of both the house and Landon!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete