Thursday, July 18, 2013

75 Weeks!

The little man has had a rough week...which of course has now occurred after I said he was doing so well!  He picked up an awesome case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease from somewhere out in Williamsburg.  I know other Mom's who have been dealing with it also in their house, so it is pretty prevalent. He woke up Thursday morning acting fine. We went to a beach playgroup where he was just out of it. He looked tired and then started to shiver, so we left right away. I took him temperature when we got home and it was 102.  So I called the Dr. after his nap and it didn't go down at all with any medicine. They recommended rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen for 24 hours and see how it does and to give him a bath.  Both of those things helped and it did go down to about 100.  The next day he started to get a diaper rash (or so I thought) so I called the Dr. back and he said to text him a picture after nap time.  Well he called back pretty quickly and said it was the classic rash from Hand, foot, and mouth disease.  He said he would be highly contagious for 3-5 days and then contagious for up to 7-10 days after.  So we are pretty home bound this week unfortunately for us. Landon does NOT do well at home so we have had a long week so far.  Today marks 7 days that he has had it so hopefully in a few more days all the blisters on his feet, hands, and bottom will be gone and he will be good to go for Colorado!

Since we have been stuck at home or not having any play dates we have been finding things to do around the house, going on walks, or just running quick errands if we need something. 

Landon has a new obsession-Elmo....or Elma as Landon says.  We have several Elmo apps on the phone and ipad...as well as a few Elmo DVDs we checked out from the library.  He has recently started carrying his little Elmo around the house and taking him to bed with him...so we may have a new lovey situation on our hands.  I have been trying to get him to take one so when we wean him from a pacifier it won't be as brutal.


Here are the weekly pictures and videos!

Breakfast with Elmo

Climbing where he shouldn't be-he got stuck while I was showering and this is how I found him

He is a major cuddlebug lately and would sit on my lap all day if I let him

Staying home all day means destroying the living room

It also means breaking the rules and feeding Rusty puffs
I have two movies to share this week!


See everyone on Monday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment