Over the last week, Landon turned 16 months old! I can't believe that the time after his birthday is going so quickly! We also had a HUGE milestone this week.
LANDON IS FULLY WEANED and it was 100% on his terms. After meeting our one year goal, I had said that by 18 months I wanted to be done nursing. However, over the last few months between teeth and just his daily activity level, the number of times we were nursing started dropping. We began by dropping the after nap session so that brought us down to morning, lunch, and evening. Then within the last month we dropped the midday feeding and nursed for just morning and night for a couple of weeks. Well a few weeks ago he would pop off and ask for a banana or sign for milk, meaning he wanted a cup. So we slowly dropped to just a night feeding and over the last week he would just play and not eat. I offered a few more times, but he would either sign for milk in his cup or just say done...so I took the hint and we are done! I am so happy we were able to have an amazing nursing relationship and that we were able to go so long with minimal problems!
Another big step Landon has made this week is the number of signs he knows is growing like crazy. He basically can learn a new sign every day. It is pretty cute to watch him sign, they aren't quite perfect but I know what he is trying to say! I will have to teach everyone at home so they know as well for our visit! He can sign, eat-which comes complete with lip smacking, please which is how he asks nicely for everything, thank you, milk, water, apple, peach, blue (for blueberries), book, sleep, and up. I need to work on more commands so I those can help with tantrum stuff just besides doing food!
We have had a ridiculously busy week! We have had several play dates, music, Busch Gardens, going to the pool today if the weather holds, and possibly going to another play date. It is nice to stay busy since L is a busy little man. He does sooooo much better being out of the house. If we are at home he tends to be extra whiny and demand that we watch his Baby Einsteins DVD.
Another big development in the last few weeks is Landon letting me know when he has pooped. He will come and bother me until I ask if he is stinky and then he will go over and stand by the gate to go upstairs. Yesterday I asked while were upstairs and said did he need a new diaper and he went and got one! A good step in the right direction!
Here are the pictures of the week!
 |
| Having fun at Busch Gardens! |
 |
| Really Mom! |
 |
| Showing off his new Crocs! |
 |
| Trying his first Donut for National Donut Day! |
 |
| Having some milk before heading to gymnastics |
 |
| Bathtub painting-need to find a better recipe though |
 |
| Trying to get snacks while at the park |
 |
| Skeptical playdough playing! |
 |
| Playing in the rain from Tropical Storm Andrea |
 |
| I refer to him often ad Godzilla! |
 |
| Teething monster |
 |
| The only smile he would give me that day |
 |
| Exploring the Botanical Gardens |
 |
| A stick! |
For this weeks movie you can see how he enjoyed bathtub paints! More or less he just liked to splash and hold the paintbrush!
Until next week =)
He is too cute, crocs and all. Dad, delete that other comment the blog put in an early posting.
ReplyDelete