Thursday, December 13, 2012

44 Weeks!



Hello, all! We have had yet another busy week.  First, the little dude is now an official 10 month old! Double digits-he is growing up so fast!! We have had all of our usual outings this week, in addition to getting ready for our small Christmas here, several holiday parties this weekend, and then traveling on Tuesday!

Now for a bit of Landon recap at 10 months old!
  • He is a crawling maniac and a cruises along furniture.  He can bend down and pick toys up and most of the time not fall over.  He can also walk behind his walker for several feet before feeling the need to sit down and crawl.  He can't stand by himself yet or walk with us holding his hands, but we are working on it!
  • He sleeps 12 hours at night, with usually one wake up between 4-6 AM.  He also takes two naps that vary on their length depending on the day.  He usually naps at 10 AM and 2 PM.  They can be as short as an hour or up to 2.5, just depends how busy we have been and how well he slept the night before!
  • He is eating 3 solid meals per day and does so happily.  He is a bottomless pit and will eat us out of house and home if I let him.  The only way I know he is getting full is he starts eating slower and gets more distracted and is more willing to drop food over the side for Rusty.  He is also nursing a total of 5 times in a 24 hour period, usually 4 during the day and then once over night.  He occasionally will have snacks throughout the day if I need to get something done without him getting in the way.  He is very patient sitting in his high chair as long as there is some sort of cereal or puffs sitting in front of him!  I would venture to say eating times are his favorite parts of the day! 
  • He still loves bath time.  He enjoys sitting up and splashing in the tub.  He plays with his toys and reads his water book.  He is learning that he can crawl in the tub and for the first time last night he tried to stand up and I promptly sat him back down.  Our rule in the tub is bottoms on the tub and if he can't stay that way we get out-not crawling or standing! 
  • His favorite toys right now are none toys for the most part-a hotel room key, a dvd case, a balloon.  He loves the book that my Mom made him with everyone's photo.  He recognizes the grand parents and since we do skype or facetime so often he thinks they should talk back...it is rather funny! Hopefully since he is getting loads of new toys at Christmas he will want to play with all of those and not things that aren't his!
  • He is terrified of the vacuum.  If I vacuum while he is awake I have to hold him the entire time or he will scream until it turns off.  It is rather sad.
  • He likes throwing stuff into the bathtub and has quickly discovered the toilet.  He also likes to unravel all the toilet paper, which is super fun....not. 

Loves looking out his window

10 months

This is a daring age

We also get into everything-do you see those little boy legs...not baby legs anymore!

Another favorite pass time...

Love him!

Rocking the chair and thinking it is HILARIOUS!
 In other exciting news, I have started planning for Landon's 1st birthday party! I always said I would NEVER do a themed party for him that young, but as it turns out Landon is having a Monster bash themed party!  Pinterest is blamed for this!  Here are two pictures of the early stages....

Monster cups!

Monster play dough (party gifts)
We are planning on having Landon's party January 26th. Logan is pretty much consistently gone next spring and will not be home at all in February.  So we decided in order for him to help celebrate we would just need to have his party early! 

Here are just a few other pictures from our week!

He looks like a fat little Buddha with his coat ha ha.


 Well that was not as yummy as I had hoped...

Landon also enjoys going to the park with swings! I have a video which he doesn't seem rather happy, but you know...swinging is relaxing so I am going with he was just relaxed ha ha!

See everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment