Thursday, November 29, 2012

42 Weeks!

It has been a good week for the little dude.  We are back to our usual routine of going to the gym, music, walk, hanging out with friends, errands, and doing whatever else we do around the house.  He seems to be in pretty good spirits considering his top tooth has been on the verge of busting through for a couple of weeks.  We have just been getting excited for Christmas around here lately, which you will notice in our weekly pictures.  There seems to be a good theme going with Landon in Christmas clothes, Christmas light, and playing with presents.

Like I said we have been getting back into a little routine.  I try to get to the gym, Mondays, Thursdays, and Friday.  Landon goes to the childcare in the mornings or occasionally Logan will watch him in the evenings if he gets home early enough.  Landon broke my little Mama heart today when I dropped him off.  He was crying before I even got out of the room.  I was convinced someone was going to come and get me, but I made it through an entire workout to my surprise.  She said he did cry for a good few minutes, but then played in the jumper and when I came back he was in the swing.  She said all the little girls also loved to play with him as well.  I hope he gets used to going because I won't be able to drop him off and leave him knowing he is upset!

He is so vocal these days.  He babbles all day long and everywhere we go.  He chats up a storm with us at meal times.  He loves to get peoples attention while we are out.  He smiles at almost everywhere, but at times men seem to scare him.  He hasn't started crying yet when a stranger walks up, but there have been times when men walk up and his demeanor changes and he looks on the verge of tears! I try to tell him it is ok and occasionally he will break a smile, just depends on the day.

We have been having fun at music.  I can't believe he has almost been in music for a whole semester.  We will miss our last day of music this semester since we will be flying home to Colorado that day! We will go back to the same time and day in the spring semester.  For the most part his class will remain the same with a few new faces though. 

We are getting excited to come home for Christmas, even though I am dreading flying for 4 hours with a 10 month old.  I am already trying to come up with ideas of how to entertain the little dude for the length of time.  I am hoping he naps for at least an hour on the flight.  I need to buy some baby Benedryl ha ha...I should probably test it out before we fly though =). 

Here are the pictures this week:  Notice our Christmas obsession!

Christmas jammies

At Chick- Fil-A! He got his own placemat and balloon! He loves his balloon...hours of entertainment to follow around on the floor.

Daddy cuddling before nap time

Working on his drumming for music class

Testing out opening presents (even though he shouldn't be)
Check out flickr if you haven't yet.  I posted several other Christmas pictures up on that website and a few of the better ones on facebook. 

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks =).

Sorry no video this week!

Until next week =).

2 comments:

  1. Don't you dare let that kid get in the habit of opening presents early like you and Logan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas obsession runs in the family!

    ReplyDelete