Sorry for the bit of a delay on posting today. Landon and I spent our morning at a trial music class at the local library! It was REALLY fun. It was 30 minutes, about 10 Mom's and babies. The kids ranged from 6 months-2 years. We sang songs, kept beats, moved the babies, did head, toes, and nose type songs, etc. I am seriously considering signing Landon up for a weekly class at the local church that has the Music Class (they are unaffiliated-just use the church for space I guess). So I need to call the local director and see if their is an opening in the Tuesday morning class and see if we can afford it =). I also finally got signed up for a library card, so I can check out books for Landon and myself. They also offer ebooks for my kindle-so also super exciting!! I am thinking we will also try to attend the usual baby story time on Thursday mornings.
Landon has been in a much happier mood this week. I finally figured out that the small amounts of dairy I was reintroducing into my diet was the cause for the super fussy mood =/. I am not really sure if he will grow out of this. I hope so, for his sake! I know another Mom who's daughter has the same problem. She now drinks half whole milk/half soy milk. So we will see when it comes time to introduce dairy to Landon around a year, what we end up doing. His Dr. is already aware of this issue, so hopefully he will come up with a plan for the wee man. I have read that he is supposed to be introduced to yogurt starting at 7 months. They claim that the dairy proteins are broken down (or something of the sort) and they are easier to digest...so we might try that.
We also got back to our walking schedule this week. I can tell taking the last 3 weeks off from our usual walking group put me back a bit. We usually walk 4 miles and by the last lap around Colonial Williamsburg, my legs were getting tired! Landon loves walks and I think he was happy to be back out. It is so much cooler in the mornings now and more enjoyable. The leaves are slowly starting to change and will be really pretty in the coming weeks for walks.
This week Landon:
- You have started army crawling around the house. You can spin in a complete circle on your blanket and also in your crib. When I watch you on the monitor, you amaze me at what you seem to learn how to do while you are supposed to be "sleeping". Rolling, scooting, and army crawling make you seem so big!
 |
| Who me? I didn't pull this out... |
- We are quickly approaching 7 months of nursing. Nursing you is still going well. You are taking a bottle better, we still try to give you one once a week just to keep you used to taking one. Nursing you is getting a bit more challenging since you like to wiggle. Alot of the times I end up with a food on my shoulder and your hand on my face....its funny, but kind of annoying!
 |
| See the foot? |
- You are transitioning from 3 naps to 2 naps. It is really hard to change your schedule. On days that you wake up at 2:30 from your second nap, I have to force you down for a 3rd nap and it doesn't go well. Yesterday you cried for 30 minutes, then slept for 15! So today we are just trying two naps, no matter how long before bed time it is and we will see how it goes!
- You tried meat for the first time this week. I gave your a turkey, veggie, puree. You really seemed to enjoy it. We are also going to be introducing chicken and maybe some yogurt (as I talked about above) over the next week or so.
Here are just some other pictures, I took throughout the week!
 |
| Butt sleeping |
 |
| Paper eater... |
 |
| Out for our walk at Freedom Park (about 5 minutes away) |
 |
| My favorite picture from this past weekend. |
|
Finally, for our weekly movie. Please excuse my voice...trying to get Landon to crawl to me =).
Until next week =).
Would you know he wasn't into crawling when you wanted to show him off! Go figure!
ReplyDeleteWhere's that cute video of him crawling that you sent me? Well maybe not crawling but certainly up on all fours! Any day now and you are going to wish he would stay in one place.
ReplyDelete