The wee man is now 32 weeks old. Each week that passes he learns something new, it is rather fascinating. However, as each week goes on we are entering into the separation anxiety and stranger danger area as well. We have had a bit of a rough week. Lots of screaming/yelling at virtually everything. Unhappy-yell, happy-yell, don't want to nap-yell, tired-yell, don't want a new diaper-yell, clothing change-yell, Mommy leaves the room-yell, Mommy picks you up-yell, Mommy puts you down-yell, you see the pattern. Pretty much anything requires some sort of vocal thing which is usually yelling. You also have started working yourself up over virtually nothing and even when I try to calm you down you still proceed to carry on...its rather confusing, not to mention frustrating. I think we are both rather tired of each other and having Logan back will be a welcomed relief for both of us! Also, seriously considering wearing ear plugs.
This week Landon:
- Have started eating larger chunks of food. We tried a stage 3 food of a chicken puree mixed with some veggies-that didn't go overall particularly well. Lots of gagging and bad faces were made. I think we will wait a bit to try that again. However, I have started giving you little rice crackers that dissolve and you can hold and those go over alot better. You seem to enjoy feeding yourself. This next week I am going to try to find some veggies that we can make for our dinner and also give you to hold and feed yourself. Perhaps we will also try some larger chunks of chicken or turkey. I have also started giving you about 2 oz. of baby yogurt-you are doing pretty well with it considering! Today I mixed some peaches with it and you really enjoyed that.
- Most places we go now I give you small tastes of my food. You have had a bit of chicken noodle soup, pancakes, and chicken nugget meat. So far so good...you are slowly learning to gum things so that is great progress.
- We went to North Carolina last weekend to visit friends and you had a good time. However, sleeping in your pack n play was a disaster. You were up every 1.5-2 hours all night for two nights. We were exhausted by the time we got home. The first night home you slept from 7 pm-9 am with only one wake up!
- Your sleep is still all over the place. Last night I started a new rule that I will not feed you before 3 AM. I REALLY don't think you need to be fed before 6 AM, but honestly after listening to you cry for 30 minutes at 1:30, then finally go back to sleep, then to wake up at exactly 3 AM...I was not about to take on that battle again. After I fed you you were quiet until 8:45. I am fairly certain it is just needed to help you relax enough to go back to sleep. You have the shortest temper EVER and when you don't get what you want you are quick to let me know. I am trying my hardest not to give in so Logan can't say I turned you into a brat ha ha.
- Your new thing is you have started licking things. You lick the fireplace all the time. I now kind of understand why they make people sign those lead paint warnings in old houses! I now need to figure out why you are licking random things =).
- In addition to licking random things you also have started biting my nose. I think it is more of an idea of kissing. I have been working on this with you but instead of kissing my cheek with a closed mouth I get big open mouth kisses on my nose. You put your mouth around my nose and kind of close...it is rather funny, but very odd. We are also working on clapping and waving, but those are MUCH further away...I think they say those are usual 9 month milestones!
- You still aren't crawling. I really thought being around Brooke you would have picked it up watching her. You only have one more day to wait until we can show your Daddy what you learned and you can take off. I also realized we need to get a few gates for the house-one for the top and bottom of the stairs. I am sure Rusty will hate those since he is used to having full run of the house!
- You have started doing a downward dog yoga pose lately. You put your little butt in the air and get up on your toes...pretty cute. Not sure what this leads to though, maybe the ability to keep your bell off the ground when you are crawling? Or pulling up...either one should be interesting.
Ok now time for the pictures of the past week!
 |
| Continuing his trend of paper eating....this was our lunch stop on our drive to NC. |
 |
| Landon and Brooke in Adam's truck for our shopping trip! |
 |
| Playing together-future boyfriend and girlfriend |
 |
| Wee Landonius |
 |
| He loves to read |
 |
| Rusty is slowly coming around to being pulled on by Landon...Rusty loves to lick Landon and honestly right now I am just going to allow it, especially if it means he wants to be near him. We will break that habit down the road. |
 |
| Super up close and personal =) |
For the movie this week-most practice crawling!
It has been a rough couple of weeks around these parts with the wee human. I guess not every month can be easy! I think he is just learning to assert himself and isn't pleased when I don't give him exactly what he wants! Add that to the fact that we are alone 90% of the time; I don't know how single parents do it! On that note-if you would like to come visit, we are more than happy to have you! We could definitely use some distraction from our every day lives and I could use some help =).
Until next week-here is to hoping this next week is better!
Rere and I loved reading the blog together this week and had a great laugh. Gee I wonder where Landon gets his quick temper...remember, your black looks?
ReplyDeleteBy the way - your video wasn't working.
Love ya - Mom/Rere