Thursday, July 19, 2012

23 Weeks!


Our little man and I have had a busy week.  We have been out and about alot more and actually meeting some other little families with babies Landon's age.  We met one Mom with a baby a week older than Landon and another Mom with a baby born a few weeks after Landon.  We also met a lady with triplets that are 7.5 months, but adjusted age just about 6 months! So it is fun to see how different all the babies are even though they are the same age!  Landon, my chunky monkey, looks like a giant compared to the others.  He is still short, but he is just THICK.   I am kind of beginning to understand why people always say "oh he is a healthy boy" or "wow he is so big for 5 months"!   We went to a coffee group for Mom's last Friday and that was alot of fun.  It was at a place called Discovery Teas, it is rather hippy and reminds me alot of Boulder! We also went on our first walk around Colonial Williamsburg.  We start on D.O.G. street (Duke of Gloucester) and walk a loop around CW.  We walked just about 3.5 miles yesterday.  We got to see all the people in Costume, lots of animals, and LOTS of tourists.  We were a pretty noticeable group with about 7 Mom's with jogging strollers and then add in the triplets!!  So we will try to go back to that since it is weekly.  It will be nicer in the fall when it cools down a bit as well...we were all hot and sweaty when we got done, including the kids! 

Colonial Williamsburg by the William and Mary Campus Bookstore
Ready for our walk!
This week Landon:
  • You have started rolling alot more.  You roll from belly to back almost every time I put you on your belly! Now we need to work on rolling from back to belly!
  • You are starting to sleep without your sleep suit, so far it is going ok.  You wake up more frequently, but so far are able to put yourself back to sleep.  Watching you in your sleep sack is kind of funny since you are have more freedom to move and roll.  I think you want to be a side sleeper but everytime you fall asleep on your side you jerk and fall back on your back.  It of course wakes you up, so it was sad and funny all at the same time.  Eventually you just gave up and slept on your back.  
  • You had some sort of stomach bug (I think) briefly last night or you just ate too much, hard to tell.  I put you to bed just like normal but you kept making this strange sound and when I started watching on the monitor  I realized you were "spitting up".  Well I went up to see and it turns out you had thrown up ALL over yourself and crib.  So I got you up and changed your sheets and started getting you dressed in new jammies and a sleep sack and then you puked again! It was so sad.   So after a few calls to my Mom and the on call Dr., they said to just make you comfortable and hopefully you could go back to sleep, since you didn't have a fever. You puked for about two hours, although the last 30 minutes were spent dry heaving, poor baby.  I had you sleep in our room in your rock n' play so I could keep an eye on you.  You fell asleep in my arms and I finally put your down around 10:30, mostly because I couldn't hold your chubbiness up any more! You woke up around 4 ready to eat just like always and nursed.  I decided since it had been 6 hours since you had puked, I put you back in your crib since I could tell you were a bit restless in your rock n play.  You slept until around 8:45 and so far seem ok today.  We are going to your new Dr. anyway today just to get introduced and get your reflux medication checked, so I guess it was good timing on all of your pukiness since we were going to the Dr. anyway!   Not fun for either of us little man, but I am happy you seem to be feeling better. 
  • You have been a champion baby with going out lately, even in the heat.  This week was the first time I put you in a cart when we went to get flowers and dirt!  I got your cart cover and strapped you in.  You got tired after a bit, which caused you to lean, but overall you thought it was great!  We will be trying this again today when we grocery shop since it is just us and I we don't have enough room in the cart with the carrier!  
First time in the cart!
Flowers and such! 
  •  Cloth diapering continues to go well so far.  I am really liking it, minus your new poops because of solid foods.  We won't get too detailed, but they stink and make it harder to get off the diaper.  Thank goodness for our toilet sprayer on the way! I have finally figured out that in the late afternoon I can put the diapers on the porch and let them get some sun to bleach any stains!
A cute butt and cloth diapers on our porch!
Finally, I leave you with a picture of my teething baby.  We still don't have any teeth, which is unfortunate because every few days he is a big fussy mess and chewing on everything...including my knee =).  He is our "special" child ha ha.



 Until next week!

2 comments:

  1. Aw...the idea of him dry heaving breaks my heart. Poor little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was so sad!! Thank goodness for the video monitor or I would have been clueless since he was sleeping while puking! Not sure how that happened! He never cries but just seemed confused! It makes me sad just thinking about it :(.

    ReplyDelete