As most of you already know Logan got back a few days ago from his first deployment with this unit! The little furbabies (with exception of Sadie) and myself are sooooo happy to have him home! Rusty is a completely different dog and once again I enjoy being around him. Lola is the same little brat, but at least she was not scared of Logan like I thought she might be. Sadie on the other hand had her perfect world of no Logan crash down around her and now she is holding a grudge even again me ha ha...oh well she will get over it!
We have been spending time together and that is pretty much it. We had a few house disasters yesterday with a frozen pipe and then our heater has also been not keeping the house warm. A plumber fixed the frozen pipe in a matter of a minute by holding a torch to it, the water slowly started running! Most expensive one minute of our lives as of right now...lesson learned close the vents on the outside of the house in the winter time! The heater is still questionable, but now since its the weekend we will have to wait until Monday to get someone out to look at it if we decide!
Today, Saturday, we are heading to go get a rental car since I still am without my jeep and will probably be for another 2-3 weeks. The body shop called and told me they are STILL waiting for parts. So looks like it will be a while until I have it back. After the rental car we are headed to home depot to get paint samples for Logan's bonus room and getting some other odds and ends so we can make it look more put together!
Tonight is french cooking night at the Brokaw house. I will be making Coq Au Vin for dinner and a Reine de Saba cake for desert! Wish us luck since this involves lighting alcohol on fire and me trying to split the yoke and egg whites, something I have NEVER been able to do!
We will post pictures of these yummy things on the next post.
Well off to get dressed and start the day.
Love,
Nicki and Logan
No comments:
Post a Comment