Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Logan's "Man Cave" is ALIVE!

Well everyone probably already knows that I gave Logan his projector and screen last night that he has been wanting for over a year! He has been talking about having a home theater in our house since before we even left Hawaii-so I am pretty impressed I put it off this long.

Let me give you some back ground of how this came about. Logan has been looking at this very expensive projector for the last year. Pretty much since we bought the washer and dryer and HHGreg, he has been looking-that was in March. Well this week I was on best buy's website and thought I would look into the projectors a bit more since this want of Logan's didn't seem to be going away! Much to my surprise it ended up being on sale! Well the Best Buy in Clarksville doesn't carry projectors, so that is how I ended up at HHGreg. I knew they carried them in the store and had the one Logan wanted. Of course I had to double check with Logan which projector it was he wanted, but I had to come up with a plan of how to get this information without blowing the surprise. My friend Holli at work was talking about buying a tv for her husband for Christmas, so I just made a huge lie up to Logan that the tv was going to be a projector and Holli didn't know anything about them so I told her I would get the info from him! Well I thought he was on to me for a little while, but then I just told him no Logan you are NOT getting a projector for Christmas because we are too poor! So I crushed his dreams and had him convinced the information was for Holli!

Well after work on Tuesday I went to the store and began to look around. 30 minutes later we were proud owners of a projector and a screen! We got a great deal-so I guess it is better than paying full price. I stashed the projector and the screen in Sadie's rooms closet since I know Logan doesn't go in that room. I then wrapped the receipt in a box and tossed in some batteries to confuse him. He is too good at guessing presents-so I went to trick him ha ha! Well we had to open them last night because we only have a few days to deal with this until his trip-so I wanted to make sure he had enough time to exchange and talk to the people about the install!

Here are some pictures of last night!

On Friday we have someone coming out to look at how much it will cost to set everything up for us-I am worried about how much this will cost! We need to test paint the room so we can also get to painting. Once we start on a project we seem to end up doing it all at once vs. waiting to do it over time...maybe we need to work on that!

More pics to come sooon....

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Love,
Nicki and Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment