We have been busy trying to get out of the house to keep Landon occupied and behaving. When we are home, it has been a big struggle with him for discipline. Lots of throwing toys, testing limits, hitting, etc. However, the only good thing I can say, is he is an awesome big brother and adores Hailey and shows no aggression towards her, just towards Logan and myself. Landon just loves to sit and watch Hailey and talk to her. My favorite is when he sings her songs; it is so sweet. He helps me burp her, change her diaper, and gets me things for her. The biggest battle we have is him taking her pacifiers...so we are constantly having to wash them!
Other than being tired from lack of sleep, I would say we are all adjusting very well to a family of four. Hailey just fits right into our routine (as if she had a choice) and we just pack her up and go. She is a sleepy little girl, as most of my posts to IG and facebook show, so she is pretty easy to tote around. She struggles with sleeping at night since she sleeps a good portion of the day. We are trying to get her to wake up during the day. Currently, she is awake for 1.5-2 hours in the morning and then again for about the same in the evening. She is just coming into the age of the witching hour at night-nothing compared to how Landon was, but generally unsettled. She seems to struggle with a bit of silent reflux just like Landon did and gets very upset when she has gas. So I am going to cut out dairy from my diet to see if we can help improve that before heading to the Dr. to see if she has reflux like Landon. She really enjoys nursing, just like Landon, but is more willing to go 2-3 hours at a time, where as Landon nursed around the clock. Overall, so far, she has been a much easier baby than Landon-or we are just more laid back ha ha. I am hopeful she stays calm and flexible since I will be flying solo in a few weeks while Logan attends an Army school for 2 months!
I wanted to finish writing about our experience in the hospital after we were moved from our labor and delivery room. We had the SMALLEST room ever, but at least it was a private room. All of Hailey's tests, bath, etc. were done right in our room. At VCU, they encourage everything done in front of the parents and rarely use the nursery. I think the entire time, I saw one baby in the nursery, where as all the other ones were in with parents. We saw Hailey be tested for jaundice in our room, get pricked for her newborn screen, get her hepatitis b shot, and hearing tests. She did fail her hearing test 2 times, but passed with no issue the third time. It made me nervous since Landon failed his while in the hospital and we had to go for a follow up. Most of the time in the hospital, the nurses left us completely alone unless we asked to speak to a lactation consultant or needed our vitals taken. It was very different having everything done in our room. I liked it so I could ask questions and just make sure she was ok, even though they were taking her blood, etc. I think it helped having us close so she calmed faster than if she was in the nursery.
Here are some pictures from the last two weeks:
I will try to update weekly, but it may not be on a specific day! More when I have the time =).
Until next time!


Loved your post!! I bet you are doing well as a family of four! Landon will come around. He has had so many changes in a short time and all the attention he had has just been cut in half!! He will be fine as will all of you! Love you and thanks for the posting!!!
ReplyDeleteThree things, family of 4 sounds right, she will be fine and landon will adapt (no choice). Love that these two weeks have gone well for you and Logan. Take care, love all the pictures. Love, Dad
ReplyDelete