Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baby number 2 and a 17 week update!

So surprise, this place has been extra quite because I have been busy surviving as a single Mom and growing little miss! I also, didn't think many people actually even read the blog anymore, but come to find out-I know of at least one loyal reader....ahhmmm Annie!

I figure I will stick with Thursdays as this is the day that I change weeks as well, just like with Landon! 

How Far Along? 17 weeks!

Maternity Clothes? Yep, been in those for a good long while. I just wore my maternity jeans for the first time today since it cooled back down and I was reminded how much I hated the panel in the front! I am looking forward to dresses this summer!

Weight Gain? I think I have gained 3-5 lbs, which is about 5 pounds less than Landon at this point. 

Stretch Marks? Not yet!

Sleep? Sleep, what is that lol? I can fall asleep easily, but sleeping all night or sleeping in doesn't ever happen.

Best Moment of the Week? Posting our announcement on facebook.






Movement? To my surprise yes. I have been getting a few kicks and big rolling movements. Logan was even able to feel a little kick the other night!

Gender? It's a girl!! I think Logan and I are both still in shock. I was really expecting to have another little boy.



What I miss? Not always feeling achy!



Symptoms:Lots of back pain and increasing hunger! Oh and the not so awesome Braxton Hicks contractions-those showed up alot earlier than I expected.

What I'm looking forward to? We have our next appointment in two weeks from tomorrow, May 2nd. It will also be the anatomy scan, so it will look at the baby very closely and confirm it is really a girl.

Weekly Wisdom: Our doula gave me the best advice thus far and she said  in terms of trying to calm my anxiety-different pregnancy, different baby-each baby will have a story to tell and hopefully we will remember this pregnancy and birth fondly!

Milestones: Just taking it one day at a time right now! Looking forward to hitting 20 weeks, half way!

Emotions: I think I am pretty level headed right now...Logan may say otherwise. I am trying to keep my anxiety under control. I think it will help when we start ultrasounds every two weeks to keep an eye on if anything is changing.

17 week belly: 





4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I also enjoyed checking the blog every Saturday morning. I think you will be much more relaxed and accept each milestone (or little kick) as they come. I bet Landon was a bit confused about the baby kicking - he will want to figure out just how that baby got in there!

    Love you all! Mom/Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie!!! I am so glad to see you are going to blog for your little girl too! I love reading these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HI! Glad my heckling got you back in action! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I finally got some time to catch up, nice blog. Not much of a bump (actually you are showing nicely). :) Love these entries I read weekly, so keep it up for the new little girl. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete