Thursday, December 26, 2013

98 Weeks

Merry Christmas to everyone! We spent Christmas in our new home in Virginia, it was very nice. We had our little family most of the day until Joe came over to spend the afternoon and evening with us.

Both, Landon and I are rather sick with a pretty bad cold, which made for an interesting day. He was extra whiny and just irritated with himself and everyone around him. Unfortunately, that made for a rough day for all involved. He loved playing with all his toys, but that came intermittently between constant whining!

Landon got his train table which he has really enjoyed. I still think he is a bit young for it, so it will be a good gift to grow into! He loves his tunnel and kitchen food as well. I think we had a pretty balanced Christmas, just the perfect amount of things for him to play with.

On Christmas Eve, we had Chili and went to look at Christmas lights locally. We flipped Landon's car seat forward facing for the day so he could see. I am not really sure he was impressed. WE haven't decided if we are going to flip him back or not. He is so close to turning 2, when we would flip him forward facing anyway, but at the same time, it is so much safer for him to be rear facing. We visited a house that you can get out and walk around, kind of like Tincup in Colorado. We brought a food donation since they ask for one and enjoyed walking around their yard and looking at the display. We also drove to a few other neighborhoods, but we found our own to be the best! Landon also had his first "Chocolat" (hot chocolate) on Christmas eve. He was a big fan, he just smiled and smiled while drinking it. He calls it Chocolat, with a french accent, since he is obsessed with the movie The Polar Express. They sing it in a song and he picked it up from there.

We officially get rid of our old rental house tomorrow! We are having a problem getting in contact with the property manager, which doesn't really surprise me. I am sending Logan to the office to return our keys and get our security deposit back. Hopefully, that works in our favor.

Here are several pictures from the last few days:

Our best attempt at a Christmas picture




Surprised by his grill light from Annie.

Elmo love

He really loves his name puzzle.

Trying his Chocolat

Loving his "Chocolat"

Train table Christmas morning

Logan's Santa gift

Logan's other board from Santa





Polar Express watching



Until next week =).

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a joyful time on Christmas. You are truly blessed! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures! I'm so glad Logan is tickled with his light :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing a bit of your Christmas! I wonderd if the name puzzle would be a bit old for him but thought he will grow into it too! Tell Logan that the next time I come out instead of painting a bonus room I want to play with his neat tossing game boards! WOW where did you ever find these? Landon will get lots of fun from his train set - give him time and a buddy to play with him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete