Monday, April 22, 2013

New House-Week 2

Well we had to make ALOT of decisions for the house today.  We had both our wiring and flooring appointments today.

We had to be at the wiring place at 9 and had to discuss cable jack location, alarm systems, in home vacuum, and any other theater wiring we wanted.  We had an easy time choosing the location for the cable jacks and one home phone jack.  We then moved on to the security system which they can hard wire in the home for.  We haven't decided to do this yet since we need to talk with ADT (our old company) and see if they can do it for cheaper or compete with the price.  Then Logan ventured into the home theater talk.  They offer to basically completely install an entire theater, which thankfully Logan said no to.  We did agree to let them prewire the bonus room for surround sound.  I think they also talked about doing something with the projector as well, but I wasn't listening to that part ha! 

Logan went to talk with our loan officer today.  He put in the official loan application and was there for just over 2 hours talking about everything we need and all the money we have to bring to closing and for our down payment.  All I can say is thank goodness for Logan's amazing bonus and that he is wanting to put it towards our amazing house.  I told him after all of this, I am not sure we will ever be moving out of it! 

We also went to flooring today.  We had to select cabinets, granite, kitchen and morning room floors, carpet, vinyl in the bathrooms and laundry room, tile for the bathrooms in the showers, and tile for our floor in the bathroom, and the banister color! TALK ABOUT TOO MANY OPTIONS!  We ended up upgrading our wood floors to match our cabinets better, upgrading our carpet so we could get a thicker pad, and upgrading our master bathroom flooring and adding a nice design to our shower.  We easily had 8 vinyl options to pick from, 10 wood flooring options and color, 10 carpet colors and styles, and 7 wood colors for a banister.  I even had to pick grout for our tile in bathroom! Way too many options.  I think that what we picked though we will really like and it will flow well room to room.

I only took pictures at our flooring meeting.  Landon was a TODDLER TERRORIST (T2) at both meetings.  We are lucky he even made it home with us after what he put us through at the flooring meeting.  Those poor people is all I can say!

Vinly (top left), carpet, wood flooring, granite, and banister.

The top right small tile is the tile color for our master bathroom, it is called Bone. It will look pretty with our dark dark cabinets.

White tile for the shower with this design running through the shower.

The espresso cabinets, wood floors, banister, and granite

Our two options for granite-we are going with the one on the right since the one on the left turns yellow over time we found out.  The colors really aren't very true in these pictures, so take these with a grain of salt.


As I said above, the coloring is kind of lost in translation with the camera flash/non flash.  It is really hard to get an accurate picture.  I am hoping we like it!

Wednesday we have our final meeting with the Ryan Homes Rep to finalize all our options. I am excited! I am not excited about the waiting that also starts from here on out! I can't wait for ground breaking in July!!

Until next week =).

1 comment:

  1. How exciting - we will all see just how patient you are for the next 6 months - lol!

    ReplyDelete