Thursday, April 18, 2013

62 Weeks!

Week 62 has been another rough one.  Despite feeling mostly better, Landon is still a bit cranky pants.  We have been busy none-the-less.  As usual, Landon does much better out in public...well until I tell him no and he screams like I am killing him! Ah the joys of a toddler.  I think everyone forgot to tell us what a challenge they become once they turn one. 

We are officially on to one nap this week.  So far it is going pretty well and I love having the mornings open to do activities and run errands.  Today we went to the base to get Landon's eye checked out, got our year long pass to Busch Gardens, and ran to Trader Joe's, and still had time for lunch and playing when we got home! He usually goes down around 12:15-12:30 and sleeps until just after 2.  I am lucky if we get 2 hours.  By the time bed time rolls around he is ready for bed instead of playing around for 30 minutes like he used to once we put him in his crib. 

I am happy to say we are mostly over the sickness, except Landon having some lingering eye nastiness issues.   The Dr. said there isn't much we can do but wait for the body to get rid of it.  So nasty eye it is and just keep wiping it out when it is gross. 

We have been busy this week with house stuff, music, walks, play dates, etc.  Today we plan to try to make it to Yorktown Beach if we can after nap.  Tomorrow we are going to try to make it to Busch Garden's Sesame Street Place Splash Pad with some friends.  I am excited now that we have a season pass to Busch Gardens we can go as frequently as we want with no charge for parking or visiting the park!  I plan to bring our own food so we can avoid that cost as well.  I guess there are even rides that I can go on with Landon that he will hopefully like!  The best thing for his age is definitely the splash pad though, which I am hoping he will like!

This weekend we are trying to go to a local farm to enjoy their free activities and petting zoo.  Landon has totally been into animal sounds and looking at animals.  At Colonial Williamsburg we have to look at the sheep, horses, and cows each time.  Landon will now even say 'Baaaa' when you ask him what a sheep says.  So I am hoping he will like the petting zoo!  On Sunday we are going to the Circus! It is during the new nap time, so I am hoping Landon will want to nap a bit early that day so we can make sure we get some kind of nap in.  I will plan to take alot of pictures!

Here are a few pictures from the week:

Rere made Landon some crib rail covers to discourage his beaver like ways! We have little teeth marks all over the wood! Love that they match all his bedding =)


Landon and Logan playing with his helicopter. Landon knows exactly what a helicopter is and we are working on the sign for it.

Daddy bonding time after dinner.  He loves to be outside!

Landon and Wyatt playing at CW
Enjoying our amazing warm weather before it cools back down next week.

Until next week =).  Make sure you are reading our house blog posts as well! Week 1 was posted last Monday.


1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught back up after our vacation. I love the pictures of Logan & Landon - they are precious. Just don't forget to post some pictures of all three of you!

    ReplyDelete