Landon has mastered the art of throwing a tantrum. He will hold his breath so he turns red, shake with rage, and then scream at the top of his lungs. It is comical and I laugh almost every single time, which makes him even more upset. I figure if I give in all the time, I will raise a brat. So I offer him a few things to see if that is what he is upset about and if those items don't work I ignore him until he can calm down. I am just trying to ignore the super bad behavior because he seems to react more if I give him any sort of reaction, good or bad. This is a tough age for discipline! I am working on signs with him so that he can communicate better. Screaming for a snack or a drink is something that can be solved by him learning to sign!
![]() |
| This is an angry face! |
We accidentally let Landon have sweet potatoes last Friday and he has the same reaction as he did when he was a little baby. He was fine for the few hours after and as soon as we put him down for his nap he started throwing up. Puke everywhere, on him, me, the crib...it was gross. He puked and dry heaved for 3 hours and then finally snapped out of it and ate a small dinner and drank his milk. It was sad. I am planning on bringing in an article to his Dr. to ask about a weird food allergy that I have read about called FPIES. Landon seems to have a very mild form, but it explains his reaction to sweet potatoes almost exactly. So no sweet potatoes for the wee man for a long time!
Other than that we have just been trying to survive as a family of two this week. We have done our usual errands and outings. We didn't have music this week because it is spring break. So we will be looking forward to that next week!
Here are some other pictures I took this week:
Until next week =)





Awwww poor little guy being sick and not being able to eat sweet potatoes! Oh well! Sorry for Mom and Dad as the little guy learns another way to communicate!!! hang in there!
ReplyDelete