Thursday, October 18, 2012

36 Weeks

This past week has been pretty uneventful since Landon and I were both sick with our first cold of the season.  I feel pretty much 100%, but Landon has some lingering nose issues that are rather gross.  So we have been pretty lame this past week with just staying in and away from people so we don't contaminate anyone. 

Come Monday I was going a bit stir crazy and was ready to get out so we headed out to Barnes and Noble to wander around.  They have a nice kids area so we walked around that, read some books,  and then stopped to have some Chai. 

Having chai tea with Mommy
Tuesday we headed up to Richmond to go to a mall called Short Pump.  It is an outside mall, but has lots of nice stores.  Then we headed up to Northern VA to visit Mr. Brokaw.  We got to stay in a cabin with him for one night which was fun.  We headed back early the next morning since we didn't want to get caught having Rusty in the cabin since it specifically said NO PETS!

Cabin

Backyard of the cabin near the lake

Logan and Landon...my favorite people!

Pretty
Landon and I

Updated family picture

Rusty enjoying some swimming
Wednesday afternoon we hung out with our good friends; Landon and Wyatt played together.  They are so funny with each other. They have grown up and changed so much since 4 months ago when they first started playing together.  Wyatt is long and lean...he is constantly on the move and so advanced for his age.  It is fascinating to see since he is so different than Landon.  Landon is tall and bulky (I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS COMES FROM) and is just a bit slower on the movement aspect.   He is sweet as can be and just loves to sit and cuddle even when we are out playing with people.  Danielle and I think it is funny we both see other traits in each others babies that we want our own baby to have ha ha.

This week Landon you:
  • Have started teething.  I can see two little white nubs in your bottom gums.  They seem to be playing a fun game of coming up and going back down depending on the day.  You have been extra fussy on top of your cold.  As I am writing this you are currently sitting on the floor making your mamamamama sound at me. We have been giving you a bit of Tylenol at night to help you sleep through the pain, but during the day we try to distract you with other things to chew on and play with! 
  • Have been eating more solid food.  I got in trouble for feeding you a half of a french fry and a chicken nugget for lunch one day by your Daddy!  You enjoyed it and as a treat once in a while I don't think he will care too much.
  • Have been working on real crawling still.  You make a few movements and then go back to your usual belly dragging army crawl.  You are pretty fast so I think you just don't have alot of motivation to crawl.
  • Lola is your favorite animal these days. You try to get to her as fast as you can, but she gets just far enough away that you can't reach her.  One day you will get her and she will not be pleased!  It is a cute little game that you play with each other.  You laugh and smile whenever you see her and she perks up realizing you are paying attention to her.
  • Continue to work on standing.  You have fallen over a few times from standing and it takes all my effort not to freak out and scoop you up.  The more I react, the more you get upset...so I am working just saying "oh no you bonked your head" and play it off like no big deal.  If you burst into tears right after the fall though I usually come to your rescue and give you some cuddles.  
  • Your favorite toy is your piano that used to be attached to the playmat.  You bang on it all day long.  It is also what you use to pull up to your knees and then eventually to stand.  Here is a video of it.



Here are just some other pictures that I took throughout the week!

Eating his new socks

More standing...even though he is a bit wobbly!

His birthday face for Gigi

Sporting some Rockies gear

Mad because he is stuck and can't figure out how to sit back down

Crawling around at the cabin
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment