With good reason, we have been busy busy busy. As I spoke of in my last post, Robin came to visit Clarksville for a week, we had so much fun! I can't wait for her to come back and visit!
One week later, my parents came into town for a week and spent time with us and went to Gatlinburg, TN. Logan and I also attended the unit's formal for the second time. This time it was down in Nashville so that was fun that we got to stay down there for a night!
Here is a picture with my parents, before they left:
Here is a picture: Nightstalker Formal-May 21st, 2010
During the time my parents were here, I was also awarded the Fort Campbell Enlisted Spouses Club scholarship for school. I won the first place scholarship and there were three other scholarships given out for the Fall 2010-Spring 2011 school year. Since I won first place, they asked if I would read my essay that was the reason why I had the top scholarship. The essay topic I wrote on was why I felt that all American citizens should be required to serve at least one year in the military or civilian service for our country. The picture below is me reading my essay:
Over Memorial Day weekend, we went camping again at LBL. We spent two nights on the lake, enjoying good times with friends and overall just fun times. With Rusty still recovering from his heart worm treatment he wasn't allowed to do as much as he would like, but he did a good job overall. We were ready to come home by the time Sunday rolled around, but it was nice to spend some time on the boat! We went fishing, tubing, and wake boarding-or I should say Logan did those last two-I watched from the boat!
In other news, I start summer school tomorrow! I am ready to get these next 9 credit hours over with, so that way I only have 12 credit hours total of classes left to take. I should have my Masters degree May of 2011-but I am still deciding on the route I want to take for my certification-student teaching vs. alternative license. I have a while to decide-so no need to rush my decision!
Logan is busy as usual at work-training, training, and more training! He is off golfing with some friends this morning! Some things have changed, so it looks like I will get to keep him around a while longer and spend my favorite holiday of the year with him and my family this year, which I am excited about! We have some fun projects to do when my Mom and Aunt come for a visit over the 4th of July-possibly painting the man cave (if Logan can pick a color) and building Logan's fire pit!
Well I should probably get moving on the things I need to do today before Logan gets back from golfing after lunch!
Love,
Nicki and Logan
No comments:
Post a Comment