Sunday, April 18, 2010

Two posts in ONE weekend? Amazing I know

So here are some pictures of the last month of all my flowers and the trees blooming. I got some planting done today but I would have to admit that it is not as fun to do alone as it was last year with the Moms here!

Ok here we go:


The little tree we planted last year actually lived and bloomed beautiful white flowers (for about a week)! It is now full of leaves which I will take extra good care of this year and hopefully the dreaded little Japanese beetles won't eat them again!



Tulips and Hyanciths. The Hyacinths have died off, I cut them back today. The tulips much to my surprise are still blooming! They were HUGE and they are moving on to there third week. Someone at work made the point that tulips are a flower you look at every chance you get because before you know it they will be dead-well not in my yard. I am quit pleased these bulbs even came up at all actually! I think I will add some buttercups (daffodils-down here they are buttercups ha ha) next year by the mailbox!


Here is the first flower pot that I have planted. I discovered Sunday mornings are a bad time to go to lowes because there was everyone in the entire world out and must have had the same idea. Not to mention carrying 3 bags of dirt and flowers alone was really not fun or easy-next time I will go during the week and hopefully convince Logan to be my muscle =). So here we are-I am hoping my impatients will remain shorter this year instead of getting leggy like last year. I have two more planters similar to this one to plant-take suggestions for color choices (I am avoiding pink tho-MOM ha ha).


Here is the mailbox-so far. I am probably going to have to get some more green things if they decide to live. They are for part sun-this front area gets sun throughout the day...so we shall see. I decided with yellow and red Gerber daisies this year. I have a soft spot for them because they were the flowers we used in our wedding! I am just hoping that because they are not in a pot they will continue to flower throughout the summer instead of like last year I got one bloom and the impatients took over! Lesson learned...

I also planted tomatoes, peppers, basil, and parsley in the back. I was so hoping Logan would build me a garden but we are just too darn busy-not to mention he will be gone a portion this summer and I don't want veggies going to waste! You probably don't really need to see pictures of these considering they are green plants in pots-really not so exciting I know!

Ok off to examine the blackberry cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment